20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have a digital instrument panel and my fuel
Your instrument cluster ground wire may be the problem. Remove the cluster and trace the black wire to see where it connects to the chassis. Clean and tighten the connection. If the wire is damaged, splice in a new wire.
- If necessary for access to the battery, remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument cluster trim plate.
- Unfasten the bolts securing the cluster to the carrier.
- If equipped, remove the automatic transaxle control indicator cable.
- Pull the cluster forward, detach the electrical connector, then remove the instrument cluster from the vehicle.
- Attach the electrical connector to the cluster, making sure it plugs in securely.
- Place the cluster into the carrier.
- If equipped, install the automatic transaxle control indicator cable.
- Install the cluster retaining bolts and tighten to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the cluster trim plate.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If removed, install the air cleaner assembly.
on Aug 17, 2017
1993 Oldsmobile Cutless won't start
If problem with wiring circuit somewhere, replacing parts won't fix it. if starter motor refuses to crank, did you try cranking in neutral? Is this an automatic tranny?
When problem is ongoing do the dash lites work? Do any of your electricals work?
on Sep 21, 2016
Ignitions locked key won't turn
Try your spare key to see if it helps any. Make sure the steering wheel is not hard locked while turning the ignition. Try gently moving the steering wheel while trying to turn the ignition. Sometimes a spray of wd-40 in the cylinder will help
on Apr 11, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?