20 Most Recent
- Page 7 Questions & Answers
Its not changing gears right
There haven't been modulator valves in transmissions since they started putting computers in cars but it was a good guess. It could be one of three things that I can think of. 1) It may be a loose wire on one of the computer sensors in or on the transmission, 2) one of these could be a loose or defective, 3) And I hope I'm wrong on this one. There may be a bad internal seal which won't allow the internal pump to build enough pressure to keep it in gear. If this the problem, get rid of it before it gets worse, get it fixed before you drive it much more or drive it as little as possible as every time it shifts in and out it damages the internal clutch packs and low gear band. This happened to my 2001 Windstar. At the point that I traded it in, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears would shift alright but it wouldn't stay in 4th, (overdrive). It would shift in and out of 4th at random. Good luck. Jeff M.
on Dec 18, 2014
My check engin light came on the codes came up as po133, p1000 what do i do to fix my car is a 1998 ford windstar?
A code P0133 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
- The oxygen sensor is faulty
- The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed
- There is an exhaust leak
the problem is more than likely the front Bank 1
oxygen sensor. You will likely wind up replacing it but you should also consider these possible solutions:
- Check and fix any exhaust leaks
- Check for wiring problems (shorted, frayed wires)
- Check the frequency and amplitude of the oxygen sensor (advanced)
- Check for a deteriorating / contaminated oxygen sensor, replace if necessary
- Check for inlet air leaks
- Check the MAF sensor for proper operation
- code p1000 refers to emission monitors not fully run and requires a couple of drive cycles from cold start to fully warmed drive cycle at different speeds.
on Oct 11, 2014
My 1998 Ford Windstar will not pass 20 mph
Check for plugged fuel filter or line. check fuel for water in the gas.check gas pedal linkage for binding.check transmission is shifting check air box and filter make sure you didnt suck in a plastic bag. check exhust that tail pipe is not blocked.with anything plastic bag ,potato,ect.check for pcv valve or vacuum line off. Check your emergancy brake is not on. check for overheating front or rear brakes they could be stuck on . If this was helpful please leave good feed back
on Sep 18, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?