20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
There is an internet connection but it will not
1.Log into router. Using either 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1 in a browser window that is ( internet Explorer or Firefox)
2. Verify wireless router name( on the computer) >>> ( on/off) ( router status window)
3.Note router name you are connecting to.
4.. Check the laptop do ipconfig /all to see current IP addresses.
5. Set the laptop up in the router by WEP KEY or MAC address. This set up in the "security tab" in the router. using 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to access through a browser.
6.Note router name you are connecting to.
7. Move the laptop/desktop about 20ft away and try to log on to the internet.
This is for all routers to set up wirelessly.
8. check for firmware update at the manufacturers site for your model router
9. cell phones, cordless phones, digital TV's, can affect the data signal from a router. Also distance from the router can be a factor. If your router is in a basement place the router to a upper floor and center it in the room.
on Apr 10, 2011
Very choppy video
Back when P4 systems were common, the hard drive interfaces were quite marginal for video processing and techniques to force the capture to faster devices (like a RAM drive, or now
SSD drive, or SCSI interface to high end striped drives) were used to smooth the video capture. I have had good luck with SATA3 interface SSD's for capturing video, but continue to use a drive other than the one I boot from so windows doesn't mess up the frame rate.
on May 18, 2017
POORLY supported routers made in China. STRONGLY recommend disposing of this device and obtaining one from a better vendor that supports it's products i.e.: Cisco, 3Com, etc...
on Jul 23, 2014
No vga by pushing port buttons
In order to fully answer your question, a number of needful things must be inspected, reinstalled, confirmed, & tested:
- Reset. Try the reset button. You could use a paper clip to reach the reset button through the pin hole in the lower front left of the Zonet KVM unit.
- Inspect connectors. Each data/input/power connector/port requires all of its pins to be present & straight for full functionality.
- Inspect the entire length of each cable & cord to ensure that each has no damaged area.
- Seat each connector in the appropriate port of a computer that will be accessed via the KVM unit.
- Electricity. Inspect all affected devices & confirm that each has sufficient, uninterrupted electricity.
- It is possible for a Zonet KVM unit to display channel lights without direct power to the unit, but you should confirm that the unit is getting sufficient, uninterrupted electricity-directly through its own power cord. Unplug the KVM power cord & every connector & reseat each one (this performs a power reset on the KVM unit)-making sure that each connector is in the correct location (not just where it originally was). Thus, make sure that the keyboard, video display (monitor), & mouse are on the output side.
- Press the power button on your monitor. If it does not turn off the monitor's power status light (Off/On/Standby), then remove the power cord from the monitor & reseat it-to reset the monitor's hardware. If it does not turn on the monitor's power status light, then the monitor is either not getting enough electricity or it has a malfunction which requires troubleshooting & fixing (possibly through a fixya.com thread for that monitor model).
- Unlike USB devices, PS/2 devices usually require device connection prior to turning on that device. With that said, connect the keyboard & mouse KVM channel cable connectors to the computers & then turn on those computers that you intend to display through the KVM-connected monitor & then turn on these computers.
- Any computer that does not turn on has an issue that requires resolving (just like a monitor that would not turn on).
- Sometimes a keyboard/mouse interface issue can be resolved by replacing that interface device.
- The KVM Unit. When all else properly connects & performs, what does not properly connect & perform has the issue &, hopefully, that can be repaired without having to replace it.
on Jan 19, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?