20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Evening: I have had my data link for about 3
Same thing happened to me, took watch to watch shop, they changed the battery and the chimes stopped working. Simple fix, the faceplate was put back on wrong. Unscrew the face plate and turn it upside down (or right side up depending on your POV) the circle on the inside of the faceplate will line up with the springs inside the watch and the chimes will start working again. If you have a pair of eyeglasses screwdrivers, like I did, you can do this yourself.
on Mar 15, 2011
My data link watch works
If you just replaced the battery and the sound doesn't work anymore, you most likely have the back on upside down. I had the same problem and found a note about it on Amazon. It fixed the problem.
on Jan 29, 2011
Watch indicated "low battery" Jeweler
Try resetting it - it worked for me. First, orient your watch face down (with the watch belt buckle opposite you), the new battery in and latched. Second, on the right side battery hold-down latch you will see a small metal circle (~1 mm diameter) with a black dot in the center. Take a small paper clip and touch this metal pad to the metal battery hold-down latch for about 1 second. This will reset the watch.
Rotate the tiny donut that clips over the battery so it touches the brass spring that is next to the battery, replace the back plate. you can use a small tool to carefully lift the metal contact back up off the contact plate. Also make sure the back of the case is on tight as this also plays a role the electro mechanics of this watch.
Let us know if you want to know something else accept the suggestion.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
on May 27, 2010
Need to set just the time on a timex WR100M mens watch
- First, find the regular time mode by pressing the MODE button until the time (with the date at the top) shows.
- Press & hold the SET button until the word ENTER disappears and is replaced by the word TIME. Release that button. You'll notice that at the top of the display, the words SET T1 or SET - T2. This is where you select between setting the 1st time zone or the 2nd time zone. Select between T1 or T2 by pressing the RECALL button or the STOP/RESET button.
- Press either the MODE or the START/SPLIT button. You'll notice that whatever is blinking is what you can change. You can make the changes by pressing either the RECALL or the STOP/RESET button. You can change the Seconds, the Hours, the Minutes, the Month, the Date, the Year, and choose between 12 hour (civilian) or 24 hour (military) time. If you keep MODE or START/SPLIT button, you will go through all the things you can change and start again at the beginning. The START/SPLIT button goes through these things forward, and the MODE goes through the backwards, so if you pass something and want to back up, just switch buttons. In the same way, the RECALL changes things by making them larger, and STOP/RESET changes them by making them smaller, so if you accidentally pass the number you're trying to set it to, just switch to the other button and go back.
EXAMPLE OF SETTING THE WATCH
Suppose you want to set the hours and the date in the 2nd Time Zone. (Just as an example, but setting any other time or date settings would be the same.)
- Press the lower left button on the side (MODE) until you see the date & time.
- Press & hold the lower right button on the side (SET) until the word TIME appears on the display, then release it.
- If SET T1 is showing, then press & release the upper right button on the side (RECALL) to change it to T2 (because we're wanting to set the 2nd Time Zone we'd leave this unchanged if we wanted to set the 1st time zone, T1.)
- Press & release the lower right button on the face (START/SPLIT) twice, skipping the seconds. You should see the hours flashing.
- Press & release the upper right button on the side (RECALL) repeatedly until you have the hours position set to what you want it to be. If you pass the hour you want, go to the lower left button on the face (STOP/RESET) and press & release it to back up.
- Press & release the lower right button on the face (START/SPLIT) three times, skipping minutes and months, so that the date begins flashing. Press the RECALL button until you have the date you want. (You can go backwards by pressing the STOP/RESET.)
- When you're done, and you've set everything you want to, press & release the SET button once to tell the watch you're through setting and to lock those settings in.
on Nov 23, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?