20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Brother MFC 8420-- hinge?
i went to Brother site and opened support.
searched for parts and got a listing of technical support shops in my area. called the first one listed and asked if they had the LP2403001 hinge in stock and they came back with an affirmative answer. will pick it up this afternoon locally.
You can see an image of the hinge assembly at ebay if you search for LP2403001.
on May 07, 2012
BROTHER DCP 8020 ERROR 6A
A Brother MFC-8840D reported an Error 6A on the panel after a short power-outage
that occurred. Calling Brother indicated that the error reflects that.
clear the error, the procedure is as follows:
1. Turn off printer
down MENU button on front panel and turn on power while continuing to
3. Release button after 5 seconds (after the Please Wait message)
If error still occurs:
5. Press 91
6. If error still occurs:
This should clear the error.
Please rate FIXYA
on Apr 07, 2011
Error message for copier:
The Below Fix would also be applicable for the Error Message you are getting on your Screen :-
I am sure, you must have Opened and Shut the Back Cover Once again and You must have Left the Machine, unplugged for Few minutes and again Turn it ON.
Let me know, if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
on Dec 27, 2009
DCP-J315W shows "Unable to Init 4F"
Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power. Then press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Now release the button, plug in the printer and turn it on and see if the error clears.
If it doesn't fix the issue, you probably have to replace the cartridges. They will cost about $65. Good luck!
on Mar 13, 2017
Genuine brother ink cartridge not detected by printer on DCP J315W printer
This is a common occurrence for these machines. They can get confused when cartridges are changed before they read as empty.
To correct this.
1) Unplug the printer from both the Power and Computer and remove all cartridges closing the cartridge access panel.
2) Plug the printer into the Power only and turn on. The machine will complain about no cartridges, this is fine.
3) Open Ink access panel and insert the first cartridge (Black is most common and close the panel.
4) The machine will complain about the missing cartridges. Open the panel and insert the second cartridge in the sequence and close the panel again.
5) Repeat the process for the third and fourth cartridge.
6) Once all cartridges have been installed the printer will ask if you have replaced the cartridges. Say no to the Black, Cyan and Yellow but yes to the Magenta and it will display the correct readings.
If this process fails to read the cartridge still then there is something wrong with the sensor inside the machine which probably means new machine.
on Jun 04, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?