20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Ricoh Aficio Color Registration Error
One of our Ricoh CL3500N printers- less than a year old- gave us a "color regist error" after changing the transfer belt.
Ran the "adjust color regist" without results. It would just finish and pop back up with the same error.
Color test page printed no color, just BW
I reseated everything, and even replaced the PCU without positive results.
A couple hours later I went back, took everything out (be sure to keep the pcus out of the light!), and vaccuumed the heck outta that printer.
For whatever reason- maybe there was a chunk of toner hanging out, maybe I knocked something loose or back in place, whatever- but when I put all the parts in and turned it on, the error was gone and color printed great!
on Oct 08, 2018
HOW DO YOU RESET THE PCU ON RICOH CL3500N
I had the same issue with my CL3500N. I kept taking out and reinserting the color PCU with the same resulting error. However, I fixed my problem. My color PCU is now reset and printing
Instructions on how I fixed the issue:
1) Turn off the printer and remove the color PCU from the printer
2) Look inside the printer where you removed the color PCU and you will notice three attach points (gears) that each of the three color PCU rollers connect to the printer.
3) Notice that each roller inside the printer has an arrow stamped in metal pointing toward it. On my printer, one at approximately the 2 o'clock position, 9 o'clock position and 3 o'clock position.
4) On the color PCU look at the end of unit that you insert into the printer. Notice the white female connectors on each of three rollers. Look closely and you will see that there are notches inside each connector (gears). One of those notches is longer than the others.
5) For each roller insert your finger into the white connector (gear) to rotate the roller so the long notch aligns with the arrow inside the printer. Be careful not to touch the photo sensitive area of the roller.
6) Insert the color PCU into the printer and turn it on. May need trial and error to align the notch correctly, but it certainly worked for me.
on Jul 28, 2016
Sc491 error on ricoh MPC 3500
Sc 491 straight from manual
High voltage power: Drum/ development bias output error
An error signal is detected for 0.2 seconds when charging the drum or
High voltage leak
Defective drum unit or development unit
Defective high voltage supply unit
1. Check or replace the harness.
2. Replace the drum unit or paper transfer unit.
3. Replace the high voltage supply unit.
on Dec 08, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?