20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
When I hit hook to send a fax I hear a click but I
You only hit hook to hear the dial tone or use the machine like a speaker phone. To send a fax you press fax start. If you can't hear a dial tone when you press hook, there is something wrong with the phone line connection, or it's plugged in to the wrong plug on the machine. The phone line goes into the one marked with an L, the other with the pic. of a phone is for an additional telephone.
on Nov 27, 2014
Paper tray empty, or paper jam at back
Hello, I had same problem with my Pixma 600, when you lift the control panel flap to turn on the printer just below the on off button ther's a small icon of the printer with a green led at the top and one at the bottom. Press the button to the right to change either top paper feed to bottom tray feed or vice versa.Then try again, you may need to load paper in tray at bottom/front on printer.
on Nov 27, 2014
Why can't I print on cloud print with my canon inkjet mp830. It keeps saying "printer offline"
Hi, you may find that opening port 5222 in your router settings corrects this for you. This is due to Google Cloud Print (GCP) needing to poll your printer, if the port is not open then GCP will not get a response from your printer, therefore will show it as offline.
It is also possible that your firewall is blocking communications so you would need to open the same port (5222) in your firewall / antivirus software.
Ports are often closed on a router to help prevent unauthorized access to your home network. Opening any additional ports on your router may decrease the overall security of your network.
- To use port forwarding first determine the local IP address of the computer or device you are forwarding the port to.
- Open your router configuration / settings menu.
- Once in the router configuration locate the port forwarding settings, often in a section such as Applications & Gaming or Port forwarding. I would suggest that if you are having difficulties with this to refer to your router documentation or call their support line.
- You will only need to open port 5222.
- Give your new rule a name that you will recognise.
- Next enter the port number 5222, if you are asked for Externet and Internet enter 5222 in both.
- The protocol is TCP.
- Next is the IP address of the computer.
- Don't forget to check the enabled box if there is one and save changes.
If you have any issues with this I would suggest Port Forward web site where specific instructions should be available for your router.
on Nov 08, 2014
Where is print head?
The printhead is in the printhead carrier. With the power on, lift the top of the printer from the front control panel. The printhead carrier will move to the center of the carriage. Remove each of the ink cartridges (place plastic electricians tape over the ink outlets to avoid leakage). Raise the lever securing the printhead. The printhead can now be removed.
on Jul 22, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?