20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Canon MF3240 Paper Jam - No Real Jam
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
- Also open the back cover of the printer if this model has one.
- Open any other doors that give access to the printer's paper path and to the toner or ink cartridge.
- If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it away from light/ sun light to avoid damaging it.
- If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by
holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the
paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling
out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
- If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper. Don't force anything, though. Do
this step especially if the jam message comes up repeatedly without any
obvious paper jam, there may be a small tear of paper inside.
- Ones the printer is free of paper Replace the toner or
ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the
printer back on.
- If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path.
- see alternative if the problem is still not solved.
a piece of thick paper, for example photo paper and press the resume
button (may be diffrent button on diffrent models) a few times to the
printer picks up the paper and puts it through the machine.
on Jun 12, 2013
Error message will not go away
Try updating your printer drivers:
Create a new folder on your desktop and name it newhpdrivers(substitute your manufacturer in new name). Un-intall printer and printer software completely. Go to manufacturers website and navigate to their drivers/downloads or support menu. Select your model, choose the relevant software and download to the new folder you created on your desktop. Power down your computer. Reconnect the printer to the computer and turn printer on. Windows will detect new hardware and ask if you have the manufacturers install cd or a location to check for install files. Direct the wizard to your new software, follow the rest of the setup instructions and your done
on May 22, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?