20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
PCL XL error on HP color laserjet 3600n
Verify printer functionalityTo verify printer functionality, use the following steps:
Try to print a page using the software application or a document in question after attempting each item of the following workaround. This will help determine if the changes made have caused the desired results to occur.
- Turn off the printer and then unplug the Parallel, Serial, or Network data cable from the back of the printer. This will ensure that the information is not being received from the computer or network.
- Turn on the printer and verify that the word Ready appears on the printer display.
- Print a self-test on the printer by performing the following steps:
- Go to the on the printer.
- Press the MENU key until INFORMATION MENU appears on the printer display.
- Press the Item key until PRINT MENU MAP appears on the printer display.
- Press the SELECT button. The printer should generate a print job.
If the error is not resolved, try a different IEEE 1284-compliant cable. If there is no possibility to direct connect, use a different network cable, or network port, on the hub. Simplify communication options depending on the specific printer. Use the Control Panel on the printer to turn off High Speed andAdvanced Functions . To turn off High Speed and Advanced Functions complete the following steps:
- Connect the printer directly to the computer. Use an IEEE/1284-compliant cable.
- Print a Test Page by completing the following steps:
- Click Start and then Settings and Printers .
- Right-click the appropriate printer driver.
- Select Properties .
- Click the General tab and click the button in the lower right-hand corner that is labeledPrint Test Page .
For problems with certain applications or documents, try modifying the HP LaserJet printer series PCL6 driver settings, such as:
- Press the MENU key.
- Select CONFIGURE DEVICE .
- Press I/O MENU and disable Parallel High Speed .
- Press I/O MENU and disable Advanced Functions .
- Connect the printer to a different location, change parallel/USB/network cables. Bypass switch/hub (if there is any).
Some more steps:
- Use lower resolution, such as 600 dpi.
- Enable or disable Send True Type as Bitmaps .
- Disable the Print Optimization under Printer Properties => Advanced => Document Option .
General troubleshooting tipsContinue to isolate the error by printing the job in question after applying each of the following suggestions:
- Try changing the personality type to Auto/PCL/PS in printer Control Panel.
- If changing personality does not make any difference, remove the current driver completely (from Server Properties ), restart the system, and install PostScript (PS) driver.
- While installing the printer driver, select the standard TCP/IP port if the default is HP Port , and vice-versa.
- Remove any additional memory that has been added to the printer after being purchased. Refer to the User's Manual that was supplied with the printer for memory removal instructions.
- Try using a different Font within the application or document in question.
- Try to print using the PCL5e driver that came with the HP LaserJet Printing System.
on Dec 21, 2011
COLD RESET HP 3600n
Turn printer off. Turn it back on. When it starts to initialize press and hold "check mark" until all LEDs are lit.
Press "down arrow" until "COLD RESET" appears and then press "Check Mark".
on Nov 25, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?