20 Most Recent
- Page 9 Questions & Answers
Setting up a Shared Network Printer
Any printer that is connected to a computer and is connected on a LAN can be configured so all other computers on the same network can print to this printer. This means the computer with the printer attached to it MUST be booted up at all times when other computers want to access the printer.
You need to install the printer driver on the computer and configure it as a Shared printer.
The other computers on the network need to add this printer to their computer.
Follow these steps to set-up a shared network printer :-
1. Connect the printer to the computer and install the printer driver.
2. Open Printers and Faxes - right click on this printer and click Sharing - click Sharing tab and click Share this printer, then if you wish you can change the Share name, then click OK
3. Right click on the printer – click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printer installation.
Follow these steps to configure the computers on your network :-
1. Open Printers and Faxes – click Add a printer – Next – select A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer - Next.
2. Select Browser for a printer – Next
3. Click on and expand the Microsoft Windows Network down to the computer with the printer – Next
4. Select Yes for - Use this printer as the default printer – Next – Finish
5. Right click on the printer – click Properties - click Print Test Page to confirm printer installation.
on Oct 04, 2019 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Not finding what you are looking for?