Question about Whirlpool GX5FHTXVA Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator
The drain tube hole behind the inner rear panel in the freezer has plugged up and when it defrosts the water cant drain down to the condensate pan at the lower rear of the unit to evaporate
Posted on Apr 08, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
THE DRIAN HOLE IS CLOGGED ITS IN FREZZOR IN THE BACK BEHIND THE BACK PANEL BUT YOU CAN LOOK UNDER THE FRIDGE AND FIND THE OTHER END OF THE DRIAN HOSE BLOW AIR TROUGH IT TO CLEAN IT OUT MAKE SURE THE FRIDG IS OFF FOR A DAY, OPEN FREEZOR DOOR TO MELT ICE IN DRIAN HOLE AND HOSE AIR PRESSOR MAY NOT BLOW THE ICE BLOCKAGE OUT DEFROST FOR A DAY THEN IT WILL CLEAN UP NICE
Posted on Aug 30, 2007
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
Look for obstruction at the drain tray for the freezer. Common to have plastic wrap sucked into that area.Or gunk in the drain line. Blow through line to insure the gunk is not an issue.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
WAS IT LEAKING FROM INSIDE THE FREEZER OR FROM BOTTOM OF FRIDGE? ONCE IN A WHILE YOU NEED TO TAKE OUT THE ICE BIN AND DUMP ICE OUT AND CLEAN IT. HOW CAN THE ICE MACHINE OVERFLOW WITH ICE WHEN THE ICE IN THE TRAY WON'T BUDGE? NEED CLARIFICATION. SOUNDS LIKE YOU EITHER HAVE A BAD ICE MAKER MODULE OR THE SOLENOID FOR THE ICE ON THE WATER VALVE IS BAD.
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
You have a defrost drain that is plugged. You will have to locate the drian and clean it out.Try looking in the freezer side way back and on the bottom.Also you may be able to get to it from behind the refigerator.Hope this helped.
Posted on May 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2015 | Refrigerators
Mar 12, 2014 | Maytag MFD2560HES Bottom Freezer French...
Oct 22, 2013 | Kenmore Freezer 20.3 cu. ft. Frost Free...
Jul 06, 2011 | Amana ABB1927DE Bottom Freezer...
Sep 30, 2009 | Maytag MZD2768G Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 16, 2009 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Dec 24, 2017 | Kenmore 74822 / 74824 Top Freezer...
Jun 30, 2009 | Refrigerators
Dec 03, 2017 | Samsung CoolTech Plus / Basic Bottom Mount...
Feb 18, 2014 | Whirlpool GX5FHTXVA Bottom Freezer French...
267 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: