Question about D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310 (WBR1310)
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you need to isolate first which of the devices is giving you the problem.
- check first the connection from your modem by connecting a computer directly to it. check if you'll loose the connection from the modem. if so, you need to check with your internet provider if they're having maintenance from time to time since that could be the reason why the router is not providing the connection to your laptop automatically and you need to restart it to sync with the modem first.
- if you have a proper/stable connection directly from the modem, next thing to check is the connection from the router. check if your wired computers are getting the same problem. if so, you may need to check for loose/faulty cables or you may need to upgrade the firmware of your router. if the wired computers are not getting the same problem, it's time to check the wireless settings of the router.
* access the router's page by typing http://192.168.0.1 on your web browser's address bar (default username is "admin" while the default password is "password")
* go to the wireless settings page and check if the wireless name (ssid) is not the default. if it's still using the default ssid, customized it to prevent interference from other dlink network near your area
- if you have check the modem and the router, it's now time to check the wireless adapter, make sure that it is connected to your own network. if you are using it's software utility, make sure that you have created a profile using the same ssid as of your router. you can also update the driver of your wireless card if you have checked the above mentioned and you're still having the same problem
you can also try to use another wireless computer and check if it'll experience the same problem to properly isolate the if it's the router or the wireless adapter problem. you can also try to install the wireless card to another computer and check if you'll have a stable conection. if so, there could be a software (like a firewall or an antivirus software) that is giving you the problem.
hope this'll help you and just ask me if you have other concern.
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
D-LINK WILL HELP YOU...
Set up your new D-Link networking hardware in minutes using our new Quick Setup Wizard. The wizard will guide you through an easy to follow process to install your new hardware and connect to your network. If you need additional help, visit D-Link’s award-winning Customer Support Web Site for answers to frequently asked questions, product downloads, and easy access to D-Link’s friendly customer support team.
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
I had the same problem.
Make sure you turn off all the security with the software in package then slowly turn it all back on, on piece at a time. For whatever reason, it comes with MAC address filtering already turned on, which makes it impossible to see if you don't have the right info put in to the computer that the router was configured with.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
So you have a DSL modem connected to a router connected to a wireless router connected to both your computers? Sounds like you need to just get a wireless modem and throw all the routers away.
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 01, 2012 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Aug 14, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 21, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 27, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 18, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jan 13, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Oct 06, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 15, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jul 02, 2009 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: