Question about KitchenAid Blenders
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Someone else suggested a link that explains exactly how to unthread the old coupling... and it works. It took me about 90 seconds to fix my blender. But in case that link is dead, here's a summary:
(1) Note that the coupling (the round part with teeth) is threaded to the blender motor in reverse to a standard threading. So it screws off just like a bottle top, but in a clockwise direction.
(2) place the blender base on a tabletop, facing you. You should probably unplug it.
(3) take a punch or a flathead screwdriver, and place it against one of the coupling teeth that is furtherest away from you.
(4) strike the back of the screwdriver with a small hammer or maillot. The result will spin coupling clockwise. It may take several tries, but the coupling will eventually spin clockwise faster than the motor, and it will begin to unthread.
(5) unscrew the old coupling, and screw the new coupling into place (counterclockwise). Note that the new coupling will tighten itself every time you use your blender, so no need to worry about tightening it too much.
(6) Make a smoothie to celebrate your success!
Posted on Nov 10, 2007
They are usually in stock here:
Posted on Jan 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2015 | Blenders
Apr 15, 2015 | Blenders
Nov 20, 2013 | KitchenAid Kitchen Aid Kitchenaid 5-speed...
Jan 18, 2013 | Braun MR 5550 M HC + BC MultiQuick...
Aug 05, 2012 | KitchenAid Ultra Power 4KSB5 5Speed...
Aug 02, 2011 | Braun MR 4050 HC MultiQuick 2 Speed...
Sep 14, 2008 | KitchenAid KSB5 Professional Stainless...
Apr 22, 2008 | KitchenAid KSB5 Professional Stainless...
Feb 26, 2016 | KitchenAid KHB300WH 8" Immersion Blender...
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: