- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, hild, first thing; stop the AC by remote controler, than select the fan option pressing by mode button and next start the AC, wait 8 minutes, if the unit still blows cold air, the thermistor has to be replaced. I hope this was helpful to you! success!
Many times a freezer and/or refrigeratordo not work right because of a dirty condenser coil...there are also many otherthings that can go wrong.
If you are hearing a clicking or buzzing thencheck out the last two tips.
If your refrigerator is running but warm, then...
Check out these tips that I wrote about that... it is a great place to starttrouble shooting your unit...and something that you can do rather then callinga repair person to do a simple thing for you...
The thermistor is looking for a very cold temperature before shuting off for the cycle defrost to work correctly. Thus if if shuts off early I would suspect the thermistor or the potentiometer. The pot is connected to terminals # 6 and 7 and should have a resistance over 90K-ohms when set to the coldest position. The thermsitor should have a resistance of 5.6K-ohms at 0 C and near 2.2 at 20 C. The control rarley fails but if it has been recently replaced the DIP switches (there are four of them) may be in the wrong position. If they are in question, try talking to technical customer service at Marvel (they made the unit). Their number is 800-223-3900. Your Viking VUAR 141 should be the same as their 60AR. The thermsitor is usually the most troublesome component but usually fails in the opposite way causing the unit to run too cold.
PS does the cooling fan shut off the same time as the compressor? if not, then the compressor overload is the issue...the the temperature control. If both shut off and on at the same time then you are on the right track.
sound to be in heat modenow. If you are after the cool mode, then if you have a cool setting and a heat temp setting, Lower the heat to almost off and set the cool setting to 74 degrees. See if the outside coils get warm. Make sure you are off manualo and n auto. If it runs, give it some time and the tenp of the outside coil will rise and the inside will get cold. Food Luck
Here is the troubleshooting guide for your unit. Hope this helps.
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE TROUBLESHOOTING Symptom Remedy 1. Remote does not turn on system - Check and replace remote batteries if the display fades while any button is activated or no display is present. - Point remote towards IR receiver during transmission. 2. System does not turn on, no green LED & no beep - Check wiring. (see "installation instruction") - Check modular cable to receiver. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 3. System does not turn on even when receiver green LED is on. - Low or over voltage condition, check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box.
4. Fan runs but no cold air. - Evaporator temperature sensor reaches low limit, defrost mode. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 5. System runs continuously in the cool mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a heated environment (sun etc.) 6. System runs continuously in the heat mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a cool environment
1. Diagnostic LED (green) (Note: Located on the control board in the upper unit control box.) a) The LED is on when the 12VDC is adequate and communications are present. b) The LED is flashing fast and steady when in the freeze mode. Evaporator has frozen and the freeze proctection switch is engaged. c) The LED is flashing slow and steady when the delay on break timer is activated. d) The LED is flashing 1 cycle on and off for one second with high or low 12VDC. Check the incoming 12VDC power for OK. e) The LED is flashing 2 cycles on and off for one second with a communication problem. Problem with the control board in the unit and the remote.
- Check if there power is a supply by opening the door of fridge, if there is a light then there is a supply. But no light check the circuit breaker. Or try another outlet for testing. If your fridge is digital control and there is some error display, then reset the error. - Check the thermostat setting if set to high cool, and check the compressor at the back of the unit if running, if not there is something wrong to your control or compressor itself, if the compressor is operating and no cool at all maybe your unit is out of refrigerant, please call a qualified technician.