Question about Whirlpool GX5FHTXVA Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator
Water seems to come out of the right hand corner of the freezer door. Inside the freezer under the drawer is nothing but ice from where its been leaking in there. Just don't know where it's coming from. Been doing thus for a couple months now.
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: defroster leaks
you have a clogged defrost drain tube. removing back panel of freezer will give you acess to drain trough, melt away the ice with a hair dryer, youll find a drain hole under there somwhere,pouring boiling water down the drain will clear it pretty quickly( i use a steam machine purchased from the infomercials works awesome, after you clear it and all water drain down tube wrap a piece of solid copper wirearound the heater( black calrod heater right above the drain trough) and stick it in the whole maybe an inch or so. now everythime the heater comes on to defrost it will prevent the hole from freezing over
Posted on Feb 25, 2008
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
If it's flooding, it's NOT the drain pan. It's probably the water valve has gotten stuck in the open position. Hope this helps!
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
the drain in the freezer is clog make sure the drain from the freezer is clean all the way to the pan next to the compressor . you need to open the back wall of your freezer for that ( the inside wall) clean with buster (water pump)the drain is in the bottom middle of the freeze.
Posted on Jan 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2017 | LG Refrigerators
Mar 11, 2014 | Viking VCFF036SS
Jul 23, 2013 | Whirlpool Amana Refrigerator Water Filter...
Jun 26, 2013 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Dec 07, 2012 | Frigidaire FRS26R4A Side by Side...
Jul 30, 2012 | GE Monogram ZISS480NRSS 48" Built-In...
Nov 11, 2011 | Refrigerators
Sep 13, 2011 | Whirlpool GS6SHEXNS Side by Side...
Jan 05, 2011 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Feb 18, 2009 | Whirlpool GS6NBEXR Side by Side...
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: