Question about Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Posted by Anonymous on
Help us help you
What is the model number? Why do you need the manual? To troubleshoot? To operate or change settings? George
Posted on Sep 27, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a magic chef
All the wine chiller set 2 temp red and white, red wine temp only for 18- 20 oC , your using white wine don't set red wine temp , set only for white temp mode,white and red wine set temp are different temp
Posted on May 27, 2008
The unit will draw between 6 and 12 amps on start up and running it should use less than 1.6 amps. The start up amps will increase with age. Funny how that works the same for people as it does for machines. I hope this will FixYa. Please dont forget to rate. Mike
Posted on Sep 24, 2008
A clicking sound every few minutes usually means the compressor is going off on overload when trying to start. This could mean the start parts are bad, or the compressor went bad.
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
Taken from another poster at Home Depot reviews and similiar to what others have found...
The e3/e4 problem is the "connectors" for the fans to the middle separator shelf are put in the pathway of condensation. This causes them to get wet and rust. PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to attempt this fix, you take full responsibility for your fridge and the outcome. If you don’t think you can do this…DON’T! Call a licensed electrician. Here is how I resolved my e3 issue: 1) Unplug the fridge
2) Remove all wine and the metal shelves
3) Remove the 2 screws from the middle separator shelf, one on each side on top
4) Remove the 4 screws from the backboard, one in each corner
5) Slide out the middle shelf slowly, on the right hand side towards the front of the shelf there will be 4 connectors you must disconnect before removing the shelf (they are tucked into the shelf). With one hand on the backboard and one on the shelf, slowly take them out together
6) Once you have the backboard and shelf out, you'll see there is a black and white connector, each having a red and black wire on each side
7) These are the fan connectors that are causing the issue. Mine were brown/green and damp (not good for electricity)
8) Using wire cutters, cut as close as possible to the "black" connector on each side to remove it. You will have 4 wires left, 2 from the backboard and two from the shelf (both having a red and black)
9) Take some of the sheath (cover) off of each wire
10) Take the red wire from the backboard and the red wire from the shelf and twist the metal portion together
11) Cover w/ electrical tape!!! Or you will have the same e3/e4 issue
12) Repeat step 10 and 11 for the black wires
13) Move onto the "white" connector and repeat steps 8 - 12
14) Put the backboard and shelf back in the fridge. Be careful not to pull the backboard and shelf apart or your connection may come apart
15) As you slide the shelf in, make sure the wires you disconnected in step 5 are in the "channel" on the side of the shelf or the shelf won't slide properly.
16) Reattached the 4 connectors and then re-attach the backboard and the shelf with the screws
17) Plug the fridge back in
18) Put the metal shelves and wine back in" Sucks that a $0.10 piece of heatshrink on the connectors could avoid this...? Bad Design.
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2013 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
There is such a wide variety, and it really depends on how
much space you have and how many bottles you keep on hand. I will send you a few great links, but I urge
you to do some extra browsing of your own.
Jul 31, 2012 | Furniture
Dec 19, 2010 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Jul 21, 2010 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
May 04, 2010 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Aug 03, 2009 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
Mar 31, 2009 | Magic Chef MCWC45A Wine Cooler
Sep 23, 2008 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
May 27, 2008 | Magic Chef MCWC30MCG Compact Wine Cooler
254 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: