Why my scotsman ice machine goes off on the refridgertion light
This could be several things. This means it has tried to harvest the ice 3 consecutive times before the machine has locked out.
1. Likely Cause, Ice bridge thickness too small, not enough ice to open curtain. PROBABLE SOLUTION, Check and adjust if needed.
2. LIKELY CAUSE, ice bridge too large, ice frozen to evaporator frame. PROBABLE SOLUTION, Check and adjust if needed.
3. LIKELY CAUSE, Purge valve does not open, water melts ice bridge, not enough ice to open curtain. PROBABLE SOLUTION, Check purge valve during harvest.
4. LIKELY CAUSE, incomplete ice formation. PROBABLE SOLUTION, Check water distributor for partially plugged holes. The machine needs to be cleaned and sanitized every 6 months.
5. LIKELY CAUSE, Curtain out of position. PROBABLE SOLUTION, check curtain for swing restriction.
6. LIKELY CAUSE, Curtain switch dose not open when curtain does. PROBABLE SOLUTION, Check switch with ohmmeter if bad replace.
7. LIKELY CAUSE. Machine in very cold ambient. PROBABLE SOLUTION. Move machine to a warmer location.
8. LIKELY CAUSE. Hot gas valve does not open during harvest. PROBABLE SOLUTION. Check hot gas valve with a volt meter during harvest mode to see if you are getting correct voltage to it. If not then replace control board . IF yes and valve is not opening then replace valve.
9. LIKELY CAUSE. Harvest assist probe out of position - ejector pin not retracted. PROBABLE SOLUTION. Check harvest assist mechanism - spring should retract pin.
10. LIKELY CAUSE. Damaged evaporator. PROBABLE SOLUTION. Check evaporator surface. Make sure the plates where they intercept each other is not loose this will cause ice to hang up. check to make sure the nickel is not peeling off, if so then the plate will need to be replaced.
11. LIKELY CAUSE. Fan motor stays on during harvest. PROBABLE SOLUTION. Check controller using test mode. If this dose not help you then give me the model number so i know what machine you have.
May 28, 2014 |
Scotsman Ice Maker CM3 30inW Cubed Ice...