Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I'm getting this error message. I replaced all the cartridges and have followed directions starting with "hit "*" and "#", etc. Can't get it to go beyond that - no message to respond to. Also followed directions to plug, unplug, take cartridges out, etc. Not getting any other message.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try the following reset:
Hold the OK and the Help button at the same time. While holding them down, plugthe power in. Continue to hold both buttons until the unit shut off.
After shutting down, release both buttons and power on the printer.
Alternatively follow instructions on this document from HP.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
# Hold the cartridge upside down, with the bar-code label facing you and take a damp paper towel.
# Use the towel to wipe the printhead of the cartridge on the bottom (where the ink comes out). Wipe the printhead horizontally in one direction only (left to right).
# Continue doing this until it looks clean.
# Then dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure the ink is flowing.
# Next, look inside the printer and locate the carrier that holds ink cartridges. Caution: Make sure the cartridges are not installed at this point.
1. Look for a shiny piece of metal underneath the contacts at the back of the carrier.
2. Take a damp cotton swab (use water only!) and wipe along the bottom of the shiny metal piece. Note: You may need more than one swab.
# Reinstall the cartridges, making sure you snap them correctly into the printer.
Hope this help. Please Rate My Response! Thanks!
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
- Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
1. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
2. Press and release the “OK” button.
3. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
4. Press and release the “OK” button.
5. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
6. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
7. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
8. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
9. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
10. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
11. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
12. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
13. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
just follow this steps may help you out otherwise you need to change it.
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. . If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues,then you can go for repair or buy a new one .but i advise you to dont go for repairing bcoz it is 3 year old .
Have a nice day and do not forget to rate please...!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 20, 2016 | HP PhotoSmart Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 19, 2014 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 20, 2012 | HP Photosmart C3100 series
Mar 28, 2012 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 07, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 23, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 12, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 14, 2008 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 14, 2015 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: