Question about Kwikset Locks & Locksmithing
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Push the handle in and slide it to the side. It should come off and you can tighten the screws and re-attach the same way. I just about destroyed my door before i figured this out.
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
The center section does come out it has little tabs front and rear you have to bend it very carfully.GOOD LUCK
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Testimonial: "Guru thanks, that worked. Panel off but can't access the back side of the exterior door handle to replace the screws that hold it on? Any ideas? "
ok start over
you need to be looking at the inside of the door
the frame around the glass the choke
will pop off,,
take a small flat head place it between the choke and the frame down by the hinge. pry ever so carefully it will pop out slide the screwdriver around the edge until the whole choke is dislodged
once the choke is off
you will see the two screws for the handle
you may need to lift the latch mechinism to get to the bottom one
once your done you can simply push the choke back it place you will here it snap
be careful the choke is very brittle
and will break if bent
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2014 | Kwikset Brooklane Venetian Bronze Entry...
Feb 02, 2011 | Kwikset Locks & Locksmithing
Jan 30, 2011 | Kwikset Professional Door Lock...
Oct 07, 2010 | Kwikset 909 909-L03 Lifetime Polished...
Nov 13, 2009 | Kwikset Professional Door Lock...
Nov 10, 2009 | Kwikset Professional Door Lock...
Jun 03, 2009 | Kwikset Professional Door Lock...
Dec 29, 2008 | Kwikset Professional Door Lock...
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: