Question about Laser Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi, this is a link to the service manual for this printer
Posted on Jan 01, 2010
1. Was there a paper jam prior to this problem? It could be that the paper was pulled out and a small bit of it is stuck on the pins that guide the paper from the heat roller. If no torn jammed paper prior to this issue, then check out 2.
2. the heater/roller is damaged and needs to be replaced. I would suggest you take it to your nearest HP dealer to properly diagnose this for you.This would save you unnecessary cost in trying to pull it apart and causing more damage to it.
Posted on Jan 29, 2010
You will not find the answer to this problem on any forum as I have searched each one! However I have had the same problem and found out that if you have reseantly replaced or reseated the Paper Pic-up assy you may have not pushed down the plastic top cover which sits directly underneath the Cyan Cartridge, this will cause your 5550/5500 to think there is no problem and carry on printing without any error messages.
I'm just a man doing a boys job, lol
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Testimonial: "Wow! Thank you sir. That was the problem. I had not touched the paper input assembly. So obviously, a user did this. Thanks again!"
Hello, this error related to the additional memory installed into the printer. It could be just the memory or the Formatter board itself. The memory can can be removed quite simply.
1) Turn the power off to the printer.
2) Slide the right side cover off, moving it towards the back.
3) Remove the memory DIMM from the formatter board.
4) Turn the power to the printer back on.
Does the printer come "READY"? If yes, then the memory is bad, If NO then the formatter is bad and will need to be replaced.
A good source for part www.partsnow.com
Posted on Jan 15, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 21, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Aug 25, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Hewlett Packard P3005 52.00 Error - Indicates a critical Laser Scanner error has occurred.
Loose cable connections or faulty laser scanner.
*** The Laser Scanner should only be accessed by qualified individuals. ***
Resolution - Power cycle the printer - if the error persists, change the scanner.
Part Number Laser/scanner assembly RM1-1521-030
Dec 28, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Jul 02, 2010 | HP LaserJet 2700n Printer
Apr 08, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Apr 01, 2010 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
Nov 09, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4350 Printer
Aug 18, 2009 | HP LaserJet P3005 Printer
May 26, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4250n Printer
Mar 05, 2009 | HP LaserJet 5200tn Printer
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!