Question about Kenmore Sewing Machines
Can't find the screws needed to remove cover to service the sewing machine
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sure! Jenny at http://blog.sew-classic.com/categories/Sewing%20Machine%20Repair.aspx has several very good, in-depth articles about servicing your own machine, but here are the basic steps:
1. Take out the bobbin case and bobbin holder.
2. Take the needle plate off.
3. Brush out all the old lint in the bobbin area and under the needle plate. Remove any loose bit of thread.
4. Open the head of the machine (should swing open). Clean any lint or thread that's caught in there.
5. Locate your machine's oil ports and put one drop of sewing machine oil (only use sewing machine oil) in each of them. One drop is sufficient. General rule of thumb: Put one drop of oil wherever metal moves against metal.
6. Using unwaxed dental floss, floss the tension disks.
7. Put everything back together.
If you need a manual, I found one at http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/InventoryPage/1834489/1.html.
Hope this is useful!
Posted on Jul 30, 2010
If it does not come ON.Then it can be issue with power supply cord or there is a short in control board.First the power has to be checked to the machine on board.It has to be checked by meter.If there is no power, then its short in the power supply wire cord.But if there is power to the board, then its short in the control board.The connectors on the board needs to be checked.Also unplug the plug in connectors from the control board.Then reconnect it after 10 minutes then recheck.In some cases, this resets the board and it comes ON and machine starts working.Done remove the soldered connections from the board, only the plug in connectors.---------- This should help.Keep updated.Thanks.Helpmech.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Mar 22, 2016 | Sewing Machines
Nov 10, 2015 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Jul 04, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 21, 2014 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Feb 27, 2014 | Brother CS-80
Oct 30, 2010 | Singer 5050 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 31, 2010 | Kenmore 11101 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Oct 02, 2017 | Kenmore Sewing Machines
Mar 09, 2009 | Kenmore 15516 Mechanical Sewing Machine
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: