Question about HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
HP 6540 In the middle of a print job, red resume button began flashing and I can't print since then.
This indicates a paper jam or the printer is out of paper. Do not clear a paper jam from the front of the printer.
The printer might be out of paper
1. Place paper in the In tray.
2. Press the Resume button on the front of the printer.
There might be a paper jam
1. Press the Resume button. If the paper jam does not clear, then go to the next step.
2. Push the two latch handles on the rear access door toward each other, and then remove the door.
3. Remove any paper that is inside the printer by pulling it out from the back of the printer. If you are printing labels, verify that a label did not become detached from the label sheet while passing through the printer.
4. Replace the rear access door.
5. Press the Resume button.
If the Two-Sided Printing Accessory is attached to the printer, follow these steps to clear a paper jam from the Two-Sided Printing Accessory.
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press the buttons on the left and right sides of the duplexer, and then remove it from the printer.
3. Remove any paper inside the printer.
4. Open the duplexer.
5. Remove any paper from inside the duplexer.
6. Close the duplexer, and then re-attach the duplexer to the printer.
If the Auto Two-Sided Print Accessory with Small Paper Tray is attached to the printer, follow these steps to clear a paper jam
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Press the buttons on the left and right sides of the accessory, and then remove it from the printer.
3. Remove any paper that is inside the printer.
4. Lift the back lever on the accessory, and then unhook the Small Paper Tray
5. Tilt the Small Paper Tray forward and open the lower door of the accessory.
1. Tilt the Small Paper Tray
2. Open the lower door
6. Remove any paper that is inside the accessory.
7. Close the accessory, and then secure the back lever to close the accessory.
8. Re-attach the accessory to the printer.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 17, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 09, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 08, 2011 | HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
Mar 07, 2010 | Apple HP DeskJet 970cxi InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2010 | HP DeskJet 932c InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Jul 29, 2009 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 25, 2009 | HP DeskJet 6540 InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2009 | HP PSC 1350v All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 17, 2006 | HP DeskJet 690c InkJet Printer
587 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!