Question about Brother MFC-7820N Printer
The "back cover open" message is usually caused by a paper jam inside the printer.
Follow these steps to rectify the problem.
1. Unplug the power to the printer.
2. Open the back and front cover.
3. Remove the drum and toner, this may be difficult because it may be stuck; don't be afraid to pull hard, you wont break anything.
4. Check for any foreign objects, most likely a peice of paper.
5. Reinstall the drum and toner.
6. Make sure to close the front and back covers.
7. Turn the power back on.
If the message stays after all this, there may be a sensor not working.
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 31, 2014 | Nintendo DS Lite
Jan 24, 2011 | Brother DCP-7020 Black and White Copier
Jan 01, 2011 | Brother DCP-7040 Laser Printer
Jul 08, 2010 | Brother IntelliFax-2820 Laser Fax
Mar 22, 2010 | Casio Watches
Sep 23, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | Sony KP-57WV600 57" Rear Projection...
May 12, 2008 | iRiver X20 MP3 Player
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!