Question about Hardware & Accessories
I need a owners manual for a Utilitech Digital 8-Outlet Power Strip Timer
Posted on Jun 06, 2011
Utilitec 0331654 programmable power strip
Open link below to view image and manual
Several things can go wrong with programmable timers:
1) Circuit is not clean. Check circuit using circuit analyzer from electric department in home center.
2) Programs not set correctly. Each program needs ON time setting and OFF time setting.
3) Conflicts in programming. For example program1 ON is for MO but program1 OFF is for all days of week. Or program1 says ON at 4 and OFF at 5, but program2 says opposite, or overlaps.
4) MODE is not set to AUTO. Press MODE button until AUTO displays.
5) Manual override is MODE button. If you have MODE set to ON, then timer programs will not operate, and Load is ON full time.
6) Load being operated is turned OFF or not operable. In your case the Load seems to be ON.
7) Defective product. I test timers, 4-6% arrive defective. Buy another one at Lowes for 19.95 and take back defective one.
Add a comment for more free help.
Also take advantage of fixya phone service.
For a price, expert speaks with you over phone while you work on timer or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Jan 18, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Copy following link to identify power strip timer:
Zilla, Utilitec, GE strip timers use basically the same format for programming.
For each ON time, there has to be a corresponding OFF time, and days for On and Off times cannot conflict.
Best guess: you have a conflict or incomplete on-off program.
With Zilla timer, there is added level of complexity since the ON-OFFs are set for different day and night outlets.
Add a comment with the exact timer model number so expert can read the manual alongside you.
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gene_9f0ef4df2f9897e7
Posted on Sep 01, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2017 | Hardware & Accessories
Sep 22, 2013 | Hardware & Accessories
Aug 03, 2013 | Heavy Duty Westinghouse 3-Outlet Outdoor ...
Dec 28, 2012 | Globe Electric Hardware & Accessories
Oct 22, 2012 | Hardware & Accessories
Aug 31, 2012 | Hardware & Accessories
Aug 30, 2011 | Hardware & Accessories
Aug 29, 2011 | General Electric GE 24-Hour Power Strip...
May 04, 2011 | Day-Timer Mwave Tx12626x Timex Electronic...
Dec 05, 2010 | Woods Outdoor Lighting Timer
2,685 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!