Question about HP PhotoSmart C4385 All-in-One Printer
Follow these instructions when you need to replace print cartridges.
• Everyday printing: Use a black cartridge along with a tri-color cartridge.
• Color photos: Use a photo cartridge along with a tri-color cartridge.
To replace the print cartridges
1. Make sure the HP All-in-One is on.
CAUTION: If the HP All-in-One is off when you open the print cartridge door to
access the print cartridges, the HP All-in-One will not release the cartridges for
changing. You might damage the HP All-in-One if the print cartridges are not
docked safely when you try to remove them.
2. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray.
3. Open the print cartridge door.
The print carriage moves to the far right side of the HP All-in-One.
4. Wait until the print carriage is idle and silent, and then lightly press down on a print
cartridge to release it.
If you are replacing the tri-color print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from the
slot on the left.
If you are replacing the black or photo print cartridge, remove the print cartridge from
the slot on the right.
1 Print cartridge slot for the tri-color print cartridge
2 Print cartridge slot for the black and photo print cartridges
5. Pull the print cartridge towards you out of its slot.
6. If you are removing the black print cartridge in order to install the photo print cartridge,
store the black print cartridge in the print cartridge protector or an airtight plastic
7. Remove the new print cartridge from its packaging and, being careful to touch only
the black plastic, gently remove the plastic tape by using the pink pull tab.
1 Copper-colored contacts
2 Plastic tape with pink pull tab (must be removed before installing)
3 Ink nozzles under tape
CAUTION: Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or ink nozzles. Also, do
not re-tape the print cartridges. Doing so can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad
8. Hold the print cartridge with the HP logo on top, and insert the new print cartridge into
the empty cartridge slot. Make sure you push the print cartridge in firmly until it snaps
If you are installing the tri-color print cartridge, slide it into the left slot.
If you are installing a black or photo print cartridge, slide it into the right slot.
9. Close the print cartridge door.
Posted on Jun 30, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2011 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
May 24, 2010 | Dell 924 All-in-One InkJet Printer
Mar 28, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 25, 2010 | Brother IntelliFax-2480C Fax
Jan 21, 2010 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jun 23, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2400 Laser...
May 08, 2009 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Aug 05, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R320 InkJet Printer
Feb 09, 2008 | Dell 725 InkJet Printer
Feb 17, 2014 | HP PhotoSmart C4385 All-in-One Printer
556 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: