Family Law - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support

This is a private company that can help get vital records for Tennessee for a fee. Divorce records are not available online.

Family Law | Answered on Jan 07, 2019

we do not give advice here on anything but repairing things.

Family Law | Answered on Jan 04, 2019

You will probably need an attorney.

Family Law | Answered on Nov 07, 2018

THis is usually easy to do, you go the local court for your county and get the forms and file them and the fee. Then you post the notice and have the hearing.

Family Law | Answered on Oct 29, 2018

you need to get a certified copy of the ***** certificate and contact the place the bonds came from too validate you are the heir . then you will be able to cash them IF they are still valid. the bonds will have to be transferred to your name first

Family Law | Answered on Oct 08, 2018

You will need to seek legal advice or representation. You received a Summons. This is the beginning stages of a possible court case. It is likely that the child's Mother, Father or legal guardian has accused you of none payment. These cases are frustrating. Even if a judge told you that you can stop paying after the child reaches 18 years of age. You must still go back to court to have that action legally executed. You can not change things on your own. If you lose your job, have a medical issue or a reduction in pay. You must still go back to court to be seen by the judge and have a new decision made. Regardless of your interpretation of the summons. You must appear or it is likely that a warrant will be issued for your arrest for not appearing. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Family Law | Answered on Oct 07, 2018

Of course yes. Many couples prefer wedding overseas. We got married in Denmark, it is very nice country. There is good opportunity for people who want to marry a foreigner and if you want to marry easily, quickly and inexpensively. Here is this service
Get Married in Denmark quickly and easily in only 24 hours DK Wedding

Family Law | Answered on May 23, 2018

There are two sides to this. There is a civil side and a criminal side. If CPS was there without police, then you don't have any rights and what you say can be given to the police, if the police were there and you are the subject of the investigation, you have the right to remain silent and that should have been explained. This whole thing is based on facts that we don't know and it is dependant on the CPS worker as to whether or not to go forward. I can tell you that you better get legal representation though if it goes forward.

Family Law | Answered on Apr 30, 2018

there is no legal reason why a person can not talk to whoever they wish unless you can prove possible harm or mental harm will happen to that person
to stop communication , you will have to get a restraining order on the person and that action could backfire on you
Why don't you take an alternative action of mediation or supervised meetings or go see a lawyer

Family Law | Answered on Apr 18, 2018

I can only guess that if you do not appear as scheduled they can issue an arrest warrant for you, which will make it worse for you in the long run . Seek professional help .

Family Law | Answered on Apr 06, 2018

Hello -

You may want to start by contacting the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation:

This is the link to the LOLLAF Contact page:

I suggest you make a phone call and speak with someone there who can direct you to a reliable resource.

Best wishes.

Family Law | Answered on Apr 05, 2018

Contact an estate attorney in your country, not a stranger on the internet, for legal advice.


Family Law | Answered on Apr 04, 2018

Consult an attorney for legal advice.

FIXYA unpaid volunteers give their opinions for free, but that is not worth much in court.

Family Law | Answered on Mar 21, 2018

Please contact a solicitor or ask in a public library for reference books in your country.

Family Law | Answered on Feb 27, 2018

FEES vary from State to State. Contact the States controllers office for basic information on average rates in your state.

Family Law | Answered on Jan 12, 2018

you will never get that answer from fixya.

Family Law | Answered on Jun 29, 2017

Not finding what you are looking for?
Family Law Logo

30 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Family Law Experts

Barbara Barfield

Level 1 Expert

6 Answers


Level 2 Expert

190 Answers

Are you a Family Law Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides