Casio Pathfinder - Answered Questions & Fixed Issues - Page 2
How can i change the time
Note how the buttons around the outside edge of the watch match up to the compass directions on the outer ring of the watch face. Use the butttons on the NW, NE, SE, and SW positions.
- To enter time setting mode, press and hold NW until the Seconds start to flash. (You can exit time setting mode at any point by pressing NW twice)
- Release NW and press SE to reset the Seconds to 00.
- Press SW and the Hours will start to flash.
- Set the hour by pressing NE (down) or SE (up) Press the lower button to move up and the upper button to move down.
- When the hour is correct, press SW and the Minutes will flash.
- Set the minutes by pressing NE (down) or SE (up)
- When the minurtes are correct, press SW and the 12/24hr setting will flash.
- Switch between 12hr mode and 24 hour mode by pressing SE.
- Press SW and the Year will flash.
- Set the year by pressing NE (down) or SE (up)
- When the year is correct, press SW and the Month will flash.
- Set the month by pressing NE (down) or SE (up)
- When the month is correct, press SW and the Day will flash.
- Set the day by pressing NE (down) or SE )
- When the day is correct, press SW and the seconds will flash again.
- Exit time setting mode by pressing NW twice.
This is a complex watch. You can download a manual here http://www.casio.com/products/archive/Watches/PRO_TREK/SPF40-1V/
on Apr 03, 2014
This means that the back cover is not correctly closed.Reopen,check if gasket(important),springs,inner covers etc. are correctly in place,close and screw in carefully.
on Jan 28, 2014
After 5 days of darkness, watch will not turn back on
The watch has a rechargeable power cell inside the cover. Remove the back, find the button batter, and replace it. It may be the old original or dead cell. Once you replace the cell, the watch will refresh and be back to normal. The only problem if that fails, the mini-computer brain died.
on Dec 25, 2013
Casio PRG-80L reads open
Have the same problem, Casio PRG-80L reads open. No hints about this in the manual. Nor did Votit's suggestion help. Note that although the watch is old there is clearly power left in the capacitor battery. Ended up accidently ito this mode when resetting the time. Assume the open mode is intended for service, but would just like to exit.
on Nov 01, 2013
Where can I get a replacement band?
Ebay is a great place for special watch bands. this one is $30:
You can also go to the source, Casio, and purchase a new band:
on Oct 18, 2012
Casio illuminator, w-94h
There is a tiny spring that must make contact with the back cover plate when you screw it back on. If the spring is missing, the piezoelectric buzzer will not work. The tiny spring is located toward the upper right in this photo of a Casio W-94H watch, directly underneath the "C" in CASIO that is etched in the metal. Note that the word CASIO is upside down in the picture, so if you can't see the picture for some reason, the hole for the tiny spring would be directly above the "C" in CASIO.
on Oct 14, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?