Frigidaire Dehumidifiers - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Problem with draining water through hose
I bought one of the FDL70S1 Frigidaire dehumidifiers today for my shop, and found that the $5 hose I bought to drain it through the floor wouldn't tighten down completely, allowing the hose to twist and wobble, a sure indication that it was not water tight. Simply adding a second washer, as described in another answer here, allowed me to tighten the hose sufficiently to produce a tight fit with no play between the hose and the dehumidifier. It hasn't leaked. I know it is a threads-per-inch issue, and I am stumped as to why Frigidaire would supply these units with a different thread pitch than the standard GHT (garden hose thread) 3/4" - 11.5 tpi. The threads on the unit appear to be 3/4 NPS - 14 tpi. Go figure!
on Nov 01, 2019
The fan runs, but we get an A5 error.
I think what you're actually seeing is an AS error. It's looks like A5 on the LED screen.
AS error means their is a sensor failure. So, before calling Frigidaire Tech Service
(800-444-4944), turn the Master On/Off Switch to OFF. Unplug the unit for 12 - 15 minutes.
This should give the unit ample time to reset itself. Plug the unit back in and turn the Master ON/Off Switch to ON. Now, set your controls as you normally do. If the unit starts up and runs as it should, the problem for now is solved. If it keeps re-occurring, contact Frigidaire Tech Service.
on Feb 11, 2019
Why does compressor continue running, even with dehumidifier turned off?
So I just had this happen with my Frigidaire fad704dwd dehumidifier. I went to basement and heard it running and sounded off. The compressor was running fan was off which is bad and humidity said 30. I then pushed the off button and it stayed running. I was able to fix it. To make long story short it was a bad ground. I took the plastic back, sides, and front off. There was a green ground (main ground) and Green/yellow ground (fan ground) on the front coil with a bunch of rust. Removed the grounds connected them both together and cleaned the surface area and used a new stainless screw nut and screw to remount the wires to evaporator coil. Everything started working fine after that and I put it back together. Good Luck
on Sep 23, 2018
I have a FDL70S1 Frigidaire 70 pint dehumidifier and need to clean the filter. I've lost my manual. So how I get at the filter? Thanks Glenn
First, I'm not a Frigidaire tech.
* Check your warranty. Call for service.
* Contact (note Live Chat link); https://www.frigidaire.com/Search-Results/?q=dehumidifier
*** The following is for information only ***
* Note that this filter is a "wash - Reuse" and is probably considered a "Part" and not a consumable.
* Filter (check if this will fit); https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-5304487154-Dehumidifier-Filter-Unit/dp/B00PU1V4M2/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1531339454&sr=1-1&keywords=frigidaire+fad704dwd+filter&dpID=61e1c6OA6UL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
* Review; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbwIEU3zlG8
* Correcting "Bucket Full" Error; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzGnUG3r8dU
* Review (includes using a hose drain); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKN--TgQRI
* If your missing this filter then contact the local Frigidare or Appliance store for a replacement.
* Final; check your warranty. The filter may be covered.
on Jul 12, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?