HP LaserJet - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support - Page 8
Printer says 41.3 unexpected size in tray 2. How
A couple of things to check.
1) Make sure the paper guides in the tray are adjusted correctly for width and in particular the length.
2) Remove the tray completely check guides.
3) Make sure the tray is fully seated into the printer.
4) Make sure the paper in the tray matches the size of the guides.
If the guides and paper seem OK, the printer may need servicing by authorized service center.
SIZE IN TRAY [xx] alternates with LOAD TRAY
[xx]: [type] [size]
This is typically caused if two or more sheets
stick together in the printer or if the tray is not properly
HP LaserJet 2420...
on Nov 19, 2018
10.1003 supply memory error
Just take out your toner cartridge. If you find an orange color notch on the left side, just remove it. Re-insert the cartridge and restart the printer . This should resolve your issue.
on Nov 17, 2018
No magenta printing out
Following the suggestions above I have just resolved this problem. My exact problem was that the Magenta colour was printing out at different densities across the page - from faint at either side to solid in the middle.
The procedure I followed was to dismantle the printer until I could get at the laser/scanner unit, take that out, and take the top off. I discovered that the mirror for the magenta toner was very dusty so I cleaned it with a cotton bud (dry, no water or solvent for fear of damaging the surface coating of the mirror), taking the opportunity to clean all the others at the same time.
After reassembling, the printer is now perfect again. I did not perform any resets or recalibrations following this operation.
1. Disassembling is a fairly complex job, involving disconnecting most of the loom from the back PCBs. You need to do this to be able to remove the rear internal panel so that you can get at the laser/scanner assembly. Don't worry too much. though, because all the plugs are different sizes so it should be fairly straightforward reassembling it all. It worked out fine for me!
2. The bottom screw for the laser/scanner assembly (in my case, although there are actually holes for two screws) is located behind two thin metal panels which spring out from the bottom of the printer body, just above the paper tray.
3. I think there is a bit of a design flaw in these printers (if it's fair to describe it as such). Two of the mirrors (magenta and yellow) are angled upwards so that dust can collect on them, while the other two are angled down. Of the two that are angled up, the Magenta one is at the bottom and is most likely to collect dust. The laser/scanner assembly is not sealed so it is easy for dust to get into it. Furthermore there is a fan alongside the bottom mirror so there will be more dust in the air in this area. It would not surprise me if this is a fairly common problem for these printers after a certain amount of use.
on Nov 03, 2018
Error code 60.03 - what
60.03 is a tray 2 lifter motor error. This means the printer cannot lift the paper tray up to get the paper into proper feeding position. Pull Tray 2 out and make sure that the metal part of the tray that lifts the paper up moves freely. I have seen times when things get jammed or too much paper gets loaded and this overloads the motor. If the tray does move freely then you have one of two choices;
1. Contact an HP service center
2. Post a comment and I can provide some guidance. If you post back please provide an honest rating of your technical ability as replacing a lifter motor requires removal of some major parts of the printer including the power supply.
on Oct 24, 2018
I keep getting a 49.3048 error on my printer. It
Unplug any network or usb cables and restart. If printer starts then you need to clear all jobs in print queue and then reconnect USB or Ethernet cable. This should allow printer to stay at ready. Go to HP.com and download the current firmware for this printer and follow the install instructions included. This is a common error, particularily if you are printing from newer versions of Adobe.
HP LaserJet 4700...
on Oct 19, 2018
My hp laserjet M1522nf is
You need to connect the unit via USB and then run the HP firmware update utility so that the current firmware can be installed. This error is usually caused when a firmware update is interrupted. Current firmware for this unit is 20100902.
on Oct 19, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?