Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Having problems downloading drivers
Try the Uk download site here it should still work;-
9 hours ago
How would fax run on VOIP? what requirment it
typically faxing doesn't work on VOIP. i tried many times and sometimes it would go through although it said it didn't. other times it didn't work at all. VOIP has a limited bandwidth and the fax needs to send more info over the line than VOIP makes room for.
to have the best luck, stop all downloads and other network traffic while attempting to fax, so that there are no other programs or devices using the internet. the fax will have its best chance of working that way, although it probably still won't
here are some very good tips as well:
on Dec 28, 2018
How can I change the copy count on a lexmark xs7170
1. You can change the copy count under the copy settings in your Lexmark device.
2. Power off the printer. Tap and hold the Go and Return buttons at the same time.
3. Turn on the printer and release the buttons. Now the printer prints the Performing Self Test page and modifies the copy count.
4. Go to Diagnostics and check the page count.
5. Tap Return and select the Preview menu. Choose the Reset Maintenance Count option and press Select to set the count to zero. Print a test page and complete the setup.
on Dec 18, 2018
My lexmark is displaying 936.03 service transport error. How do I correct the problem?
Quoting from support.lexmark.com
Error: "936 Main Drive Motor"; Error: "936 Transport Motor"; Error: "937 Main Drive Motor"; Error: "937 Transport Motor"
error codes indicate that the printer thinks there is a problem with the main drive motor.
- If your printer is posting one of these errors, turn it off and let it sit powered off for at least a minute.
- While the printer is off, open all of the doors and covers on the printer. Also remove the toner cartridge. Make sure there is no paper jammed in the printer. Pay close attention to the area where the toner cartridge sits. The main motor is located just to the left of the toner cartridge.
- If nothing appears to be wrong with the inside of the printer, reinstall the toner cartridge and close all the doors and covers. Now power the printer back on. If the error does not return, try printing again.
- If the error does not return when you print, continue using the printer. If the error does not return after a few days, this may have been an isolated incident and the printer should be fine.
on Dec 13, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?