LG Washing Machines - Page 4 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Have a top load washer lg its leaking from the bottom alot
On my WT1501CW it was a leaky inlet valve. part #5221EA1008F. It was dripping water into the floor. I found the issue by removing the top rear panel. This exposed that the parts around where the hoses connect were wet on the inside. I remove the inlet valve with the hoses still connected and turned on the water and small mists of water were coming out of the plastic. Hope this helps someone
on May 24, 2019
LG Tromm washer WM2688HWM tE error code. Very easy
LG Tromm Washing machine te error. The manual says to call for service. Not much help there. The reason for the error is the thermistor circuit (resistive element that becomes less resistive as it increases in temperature). The thermistor acts as a heat sensor. In many cases, the error occurs because the wireing harness is too tight at the bottom of the drum and one of the wires in this circuit becomes disconnected with all of the movement of the drum (unbalanced load, normal cylcing etc).
1. Unplug the washing machine from the wall. The thermistor circuit is at line voltage (110 in the U.S.) and it will bite! So do this first before proceeding.
2. Move the washer out so you can get access to the back of it.
3. Remove the stainless panel (the one that is not painted, it is large (aprox. 16x18 inches). It is held in place by 4 phillips screws.
4. Locate the thermistor connection block near the bottom of the machine, at the center of the wash drum. It is the small white connector that has two wires running to it. One wire is dark blue, the other is light blue. Insure that neither wire has pulled out of the connector. If either of them have, repair the connector and provide enough extra wire ( aprox. 2") to provide cable relief.
5. If the cable connector and wires are ok, there are other solutions here that recommend either cleaning or replacing the thermistor.
Good luck to you.
on Apr 27, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?