PRIZM = toy corolla.
and is in front of the fuel tank. EFI system, USA .
you didnt look there first. or just want to be told.?
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the pressure in the fuel line as follows:
- Fit a wrench of the exact size onto the upper line connection and fit a second wrench on the flats of the filter. This counter holding arrangement will prevent the filter and lines from turning during removal.
- Wrap the upper filter area in layers of rags to absorb spray and spillage.
- Slowly loosen the bolt holding the line to the filter. When the pressure is equalized, remove the bolt and the line. Plug the line immediately.
- Again using two wrenches, disconnect the lower line to the filter. Be prepared to deal with fuel spillage. Be very careful not to crimp or bend the fuel line. Plug the line immediately.
- Remove the filter from its holder.
it assumes you can find it.
any one can if you just look in front of tank or follow the 2 fuel lines
1 line lands on the filter. all it takes is just looking.
see photo 8
the exact location changes in 89-91 generations
or by engine options.. not stated.
the FSM covers this, why guess?
here are the steps for all cars, with external filters
1: depressurized the system using FSM steps. (or get a bath in fuel)(
2: find the filter, im sure you can do that following the main fuel line from the injector rail to the filter. (its a loop system)
supply line and return, the supply line is filtered on all cars made.
3: remove the 2 banjo bolts. using 2 wrenches, not 1.
4: remove filter. taking of the cars tire/wheel makes this more easy.
reverse above to get it back.
the filter has direction do not put it in backwards.