20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I have an antifreeze smell coming from the engine.
Check your heater core inside your vehicle, now days their made so cheaply that they don't last long. I had the same problem that you're dealing with, no leaks to be found and discovered that my heater core was leaking inside the cab just enough to smell and I went thru 3 new ones in a week and a half.
on Feb 20, 2018
94 Camry starts but idle
Consider a possible fault in the ECU, the computer. It can't be repaired internally, and really the only way to be sure is to trial a replacement. It has to be from the same model, trans and engine. If you can find a wrecker who will allow you to try one out, the swap is easy enough, behind the glove compartment. See here p 234
on Jan 25, 2018
Adjusting a power window regulator.
The motor needs replacing not adjusting. If you can help the window do up and it stops at the top, it's 'adjusted' properly.
You could pull the door panel and maybe lube the motor/drive and cables. It might work a year or a day.
But while you have the door panel off why not just put in a whole new unit. It's just as much trouble to 'fix' it as it is to replace it.
You could limp thru by spraying some silicone in the window track.
on Jan 06, 2018
My toyota camry 1994 model v6 3.0 timing belt got
I'd leave most of it to the mechanic.
The most likely cause is a timing belt change that was badly done in the past.
You could ask the mechanic
- to use a good quality new timing belt eg Dayco
- to change the water pump if it was not done in the last 100000 mi or so. It is behind the timing belt, so a good opportunity.
- if the timing belt tensioner should be changed too. They do weaken.
- if threadlock should be applied to the crankshaft pulley bolt. Toyota does do that at the factory.
- to check for oil leakage at the crankshaft nose oil seal. This can be changed while the pulley is off.
on Dec 15, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?