Question about 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

2004 jeep code 1763 what to do - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Jeep Master
  • 17,970 Answers

P1763 - Governor Pressure Sensor Voltage Too High

This code is refer for the governor pressure sensor which is located in the valve body of the transmission. If getting power to the sensor and the wires are not open or shorted then the sensor will need to be replaced.


Hoist and support vehicle on safety stands.
Remove transmission fluid pan and filter.
Disengage wire connectors from pressure sensor and solenoid (see picture)
Remove screws holding pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Separate solenoid retainer from governor (see picture)
Pull solenoid from governor body
Pull pressure sensor from governor body.
Remove bolts holding governor body to valve body.
Separate governor body from valve body
Remove governor body gasket.

Before installing the pressure sensor and solenoid in the governor body, replace O-ring seals, clean the gasket surfaces and replace gasket.

Place gasket in position on back of governor body
Place governor body in position on valve body.
Install bolts to hold governor body to valve body.
Lubricate O-ring on pressure sensor with transmission fluid.
Align pressure sensor to bore in governor body.
Push pressure sensor into governor body.
Lubricate O-ring, on pressure solenoid, with transmission fluid.
Align pressure solenoid to bore in governor body
Push solenoid into governor body.
Place solenoid retainer in position on governor
Install screws to hold pressure solenoid retainer to governor body.
Engage wire connectors into pressure sensor and solenoid Install transmission fluid pan and (new) filter.
Lower vehicle and road test to verify repair.

2004 jeep code  1763 what to do - zjlimited_748.gif




Hope helps.

Posted on Sep 29, 2011


1 Suggested Answer


6ya staff

  • 2 Answers


Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm working on the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 showing error codes

lashes 52 and 54 ,you do mean flashes ? What flashes ? Check engine light doesn't flash codes .

Apr 24, 2017 | Jeep Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

97 Jeep G CH, 42re trans. stuck in 3rd. Will manually shift into 2nd but not 1st. Set code 1763. How do I test the governor pressor solenoid and sensor?

testing the solonoid and sensor isnt a problem ,the solonoid just run a feed wire from battery to it and it should click ,the sensor is another question and would help if i knew what type of sensor it was,i do have a haynes manual but its about as much use as a used tea bag the manual just says consult the dealer --

Feb 17, 2014 | Dodge Ram 2500 Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

2004 jeep grand cherokee stalls at stop lights and cuts off

I have a computer code po121 on 2004 jeep ehgine light

Mar 04, 2013 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Fault code 765

Fault code "765"? This is NOT a legitimate fault code for a 2004 Jeep Liberty. You should probably try scanning again using the proper equipment.

Nov 23, 2011 | 2004 Jeep Liberty

1 Answer

I have p0743 p0138 p1763 and 1763 codes on 1998 dodge dakota v6 3.9 loss power

p0743-? p0138-oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above the normal operating range. p1763- governor pressure sensor volts too hi.

Nov 05, 2011 | 1998 Dodge Dakota

1 Answer

1662 1763 fault code

P1763=Governor pressure sensor voltage to high,
transmission sensor,
P1662=Cruise Lamp Control Circuit

Dec 09, 2009 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

P Code 1763

From what I can gather, there may be a technical service bulletin on that if you visit your dealer before you go to expense of having it diagnosed and repaired elsewhere.

May 18, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Dakota

Not finding what you are looking for?
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Logo

1,120 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

85216 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22485 Answers

Jonah Oneal

Level 3 Expert

14092 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides