Question about BMW X3
How do i replace the bulbs? it looks totally inaccessible and something the dealer will have to charge big bucks to do what should be a simple bulb replacement because it looks like they have to remove the front of car?!
The last post is correct, but I also have a few tips and pictures.
1. Open hood.
2. Use a small flat screwdriver to CAREFULLY pry open cap leading to the headlight. Start directly underneath the tab that says "V2." Be careful not to break the tabs! -- to do this simply push the small screwdriver under the, as you push it in, you will hear the clip release. The cap will pop and remove very easily after that.
3. Pull out wires, unplug burned out bulb - this clips in with what I can see is a spring clip. I reccomend using a cloth when removing and replacing the bulb. This will protect your hand if the bulb breaks by accident. Also some halogen bulbs will pop/break if your hands leave oily residue on the bulb. When the bulb heats, the oil heats too and can break the bulb.
Posted on May 18, 2009
1. Open hood.
2. Use screwdriver to CAREFULLY pry open cap leading to the headlight. Start directly underneath the tab that says "V2." Be careful not to break the tabs!
3. Pull out wires, unplug burned out bulb.
4. Buy new bulb @ any auto supply store. This is a very common bulb.
5. Replace bulb, recap, and go!
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
The solution above is correct. The problem of the window washer on the passenger side is also easy to resolve. Removing the one screw on the top of the window washer allows it to swing out of the way.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
For 2005 X3, to pull out the bulb, it's easier with the wire connector on the bulb, push the end downwards before pulling. Otherwise you'll spend many frustrating minutes wondering how in the world this thing was designed. To push the bulb back, reverse the order, place the edge against the entry at the bottom side, push downward first then forward to plug it in.
Posted on Apr 02, 2010
Sorry, to be more specific. 2004 bmw x3, the right headlight assembly is a 1/4 inch higher than the left. How an I adjust that?
Posted on Aug 31, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 23, 2014 | 2012 Subaru Tribeca 3.6R Premium 4dr SUV...
May 08, 2013 | 2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Jan 07, 2011 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Aug 31, 2010 | 2005 Chevrolet Aveo
Apr 26, 2009 | 2003 Pontiac Aztek
Apr 11, 2009 | 2004 Lincoln Navigator
Apr 04, 2009 | 2001 Mercury Villager
Mar 25, 2009 | 2006 Chrysler Pacifica
Jan 07, 2009 | 2003 BMW 325
10,705 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: