Question about Cadillac STS
It is located on the back side of the underdash fuse box (junction block). You remove the lower steering column cover and knee blocker reinforcement. Then remove two plugs from the bottom of the bcm.
Remove the bolts holding the junction block to dash panel mounting bracket. Remove the junction block from the bracket. Remove screws holding the bcm to the jb. Slide the bcm downward to disengage guide studs on jb from channels on bcm mounting bracket
Remove bcm from jb.
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
Manual Programming Procedure (non scan tool)
1. Connect pin 1 of the 16-way data link connector to chassis ground or to pin 4 of the 16-way data link connector.
2. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
3. Turn ignition key to Accessory.
4. Turn ignition to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
5. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.
IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF PROGRAMMING
THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.
6. The programming mode finishes after the following:
a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
b. One minute has passed since programming.
c. Pin 1 of 16-way data link connector is removed from ground connection.
d. Ignition switch is turned on.
e. Any of the doors are opened.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 21, 2015 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2012 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Aug 21, 2011 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
May 14, 2010 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Mar 06, 2010 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Jan 12, 2010 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Apr 01, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
Feb 26, 2009 | 1999 Chrysler 300M
1,472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: