Question about 2004 Honda Accord
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
To check the condition of your original sunroof guides:
- Gl*** in closed position.
- Locate & remove 3 torx bolts on each side of sunroof glass. Lift glass out of sunroof opening & set aside in a safe place.
- Locate "J" shaped cover plate at front of sunroof track assembly. Remove 2 torx bolts from each cover plate.
- Lift up bracket to remove.
- Inspect the plastic guides on each side. The sunroof cables attach to guides on front outer corner. Inspect this area closely for damage.
- Do not operate the sunroof with the J plates removed.Troubleshooting:If the sunroof guides are not broken & the glass is a uniform height along the rear edge your problem may be a stripped gear inside the motor. The motor has a manual override:
- Get access to the motor by removing the map light/switch console or lowering the front of the headliner.
- Insert a large standard screwdriver into the nylon bushing at the center of the motor hub. Push up & turn the screwdriver to manually move the sunroof glass. If the unit will fully open & close manually, you most likely only need a replacement motor.
If your sunroof is stuck in the open position follow these steps to get it closed:
- Remove the glass.
- Try to close the unit without the glass. Many times one side will still be operational and close correctly.
- Try to slide the inoperable lift arm forward. If it moves, slide it forward until it stops.
- You now need to slide the original plastic guide forward to lower the arm to the closed position. Using a standard screwdriver, push it forward. The lift arm should begin to lower.
- If the lift arm will still not fully lower, remove the J plate as explained above, sometimes the sunroof cable will need to be lifted up to allow the guide to fully slide forward.
- Reinstall glass.
May 21, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
on Jul 11, 2011 | 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Nov 19, 2015 | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Feb 28, 2015 | 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP
Aug 31, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 07, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2011 | 2003 Subaru Outback
May 17, 2010 | 1990 Nissan Maxima
May 15, 2010 | 2002 Nissan Maxima
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!