Question about 2009 Chevrolet HHR
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on May 27, 2009
Manual Programming Procedure (non scan tool)
1. Connect pin 1 of the 16-way data link connector to chassis ground or to pin 4 of the 16-way data link connector.
2. Close all doors, turn ignition key to off.
3. Turn ignition key to Accessory.
4. Turn ignition to off, door locks will cycle once (in programming mode).
5. For each key FOB, press any button 3 times in a row to program code. When programming is complete, the door locks will cycle once.
IF A SECOND KEY FOB REQUIRES PROGRAMMING, IT MUST BE PROGRAMMED WITHIN 1 MINUTE OF PROGRAMMING
THE FIRST FOB PROGRAMMING. PRESS ANY BUTTON ON THE SECOND FOB 3 TIMES TO PROGRAM ITS CODE. WHEN PROGRAMMING IS COMPLETE, THE DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE ONCE.
6. The programming mode finishes after the following:
a. Programming of two key FOBS is completed.
b. One minute has passed since programming.
c. Pin 1 of 16-way data link connector is removed from ground connection.
d. Ignition switch is turned on.
e. Any of the doors are opened.
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Use this procedure for New Body Style.
1. Close all doors
2. Insert key into ignition
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down
until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
6. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine.)
8. Turn the ignition to the OFF position.
9. Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by
door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (If locks do not cycle after you let go,
not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle has not entered programming
mode and you must start procedure over. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door
and return to step 1 ). If the locks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and
unlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).
12. Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.
13. Test remote(s).
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 10, 2015 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR LT
Jun 21, 2014 | 2009 Chevrolet HHR
Feb 21, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 13, 2014 | 2011 Chevrolet Malibu
Nov 20, 2013 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2013 | 2009 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR SS
How to Program a Key FOB for the Chevy ... your Chevy, if you obtain new or replacement keys they will need programming to work with ... How Do I Program MyKey Fob? ...
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
May 03, 2010 | 2006 Chevrolet HHR
Nov 19, 2009 | 2008 Chevrolet Hhr
733 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: