Question about 1990 Toyota Corolla
Well there are only 3 things that could have gone wrong.
1. Radiator Leak - this means the radiator has developed a hole with via corrosion of the metal parts of simply integrity failure of the plastic parts of the radiator.
2. Hose leak - this could be a hole in 1 of 2 hoses that connects the engine to the radiator. Or it can also be a leak where the hose connects to the radiator (clamp Failure).
3. Water Pump breakdown - this is where the gasket in the water pump has failed and is leaking out the water rather than pumping it.
All the problems above has different ways of diagnosing. but we can probably narrow it down.
1. if the leak is near the radiator then it could be a hose connection, hose breakage or Radiator hole.
2. if the leak is nearer the engine then check the other end of the hose and if its not there then it could only be the water pump is leaking. You can check this if there are water stains on the water pump. The water pump on a 1990 corolla is mechanical turned also by a fan belt. Look for a pulley that has a hose connected to the radiator and that would be the water pump.
Posted on Nov 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2016 | 1989 Toyota Corolla
Aug 06, 2011 | 1990 Toyota Pickup
Apr 27, 2017 | 2003 Toyota Corolla
Oct 24, 2010 | 1994 Toyota Corolla
Mar 08, 2010 | 1990 Toyota Corolla
Dec 23, 2009 | 1990 Toyota Corolla
Dec 20, 2009 | 1992 Toyota Corolla
Oct 03, 2009 | 1990 Toyota Corolla
Jul 20, 2009 | 1991 Toyota Corolla
416 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!