was it laid up with fuel in the tank if so after four months the fuel is almost definately stale drain the tank also drain the oil & replace the oil filter clean the air filter & fit new spark plugs these simple steps should see you back on the road enjoying the spring & summer all the best
Throttle response. Check cable. There may be restrictions (rust). second, There's a return spring on the carb... it could be loose or is not able to return the throttle to its default position. Check also that the IDLE knob is not set too high.
It sounds like you just need to flush your engine and clear out the sight gage.Get some good motor flush and a can of Marvel Mystery Oil. Go ahead and pour in the motor flush and Marvel.Run the bike at idle and about 2500 rpm back and forth for about 5 mins or so constant.Then drain it all out and replace with clean oil and filter.That should clear out whatever gunk you have in the engine.
Hi, Dale I would love to help you with your engine or chassis noise but I just loaned my brand new pair of listening ears to your local dealer's chief technician so he could take your bike for a test ride and give you his professional opinion and estimate about your noise and repair cost. If you are a little short on "DRACHMA" and a Dealership is not on your list of fun places to visit then perhaps the list below will help soothe your worried mind so you can make an informed decision.
3. Brake Rotors---BUZZ
4. Cam Chains---CLICK
7. Fairing Panels---WHISTLE
9. Fronk Forks---Plunk
10. Fuel pumps---WHIRR
12. Head Gasket---HISS
13. Hydraulic Lifters---TAP
14. Instrument Clusters---BUZZING
15. Kick Starter---GRINDS
17. Power Valves---CLINK---RATTLE
19. Rear Chains---RATTLE
20. Rear Shocks---SQUEAK
22. Rods Go---KNOCK-KNOCK---who's there, it's me "*****"
23. Shaft Drives---WHIRR
24. Shifting Trans---CLUNK
25. Solid Lifters---TICK
28. Starter Clutch---GRIND---WHIRR
29. Warning Lights---BEEP
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. https://www.roadstarraider.com/index.php?topic=37769.15 https://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4318 http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekm1dodyyin/08_Yamaha_Raider_SVC_Manual.pdf/file https://www.partsfish.com/page/oem-parts-for-yamaha https://usermanual.wiki/Yamaha/2011RaiderSOwnersManual.1156735012/help
Hi, Austin before testing any electrical component in the Starting Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries. The following is a list of usual suspects that will cause your bike not to turn over.
1. Ignition Switch is in the "OFF" position.
2. Ignition Switch is faulty.
3. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
4. Engine Run Switch is "FAULTY" or corroded.
5. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
6. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
7. FOB battery low or dead.
8. Faulty ignition switch.
9. Faulty starter button.
10. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
11. Security alarm needs a reset.
12. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
13. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
14. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
15. Faulty ignition relay.
16. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
17. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day. https://www.roadstarclinic.com/forum/technical-forum/electrical-electronics/4240-electrical-problems-bike-won%E2%80%99t-start https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIKyM2PAwSw http://www.werder.ee/Manual/XV1600.pdf https://www.partsfish.com/page/oem-parts-for-yamaha https://www.manualslib.com/manual/660125/Yamaha-Road-Star-Xv16a.html