20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Krups Anticalc Kit for descaling.
Cleaning the Machine
- Never wash your espresso machine accessories in the dishwasher.
After use, the water container must be emptied.
• Drip tray
This must be emptied after using the appliance by taking off the grid See figure (19)below. If several espressos are being prepared one after the other, the drip tray should be emptied from time to time (about once every 7 - 8 espressos). The presence of water is normal and does not signify a leak. If necessary, clean the drip tray and its grid with water and a little non-abrasive washing-up liquid, rinse and dry. When reassembling the machine, ensure that the plastic lining is in the right place See figure (20) below.
• The brewing head, the filter basket and the filter holder
These must be cleaned after each use. All you need to do is wipe a damp cloth over the brewing head of your appliance and to wash the other accessories in water and a little non-abrasive dishwashing liquid, rinse and dry. If the brewing head is heavily clogged up, unscrew the grid using a coin, clean it and refit it, pressing down firmly See figure (21)below.
When your espresso machine is not being used, do not leave the filter holder in the appliance to prevent wear on the gasket.
• The cup warming plate: remove this to clean it with water and a little non-abrasive dishwashing liquid, rinse and dry.
• The cappuccino accessory
For more thorough cleaning the cappuccino accessory can be dismantled from the appliance.
Descalling (SIC) is necessary to keep your espresso machine running efficiently.
• As a result descaling of your espresso machine should be done fairly frequently
with citric or tartaric acid.
• Use caution when descaling your espresso machine as the acid substance within the descaling powder may damage countertops or any other surface it comes in contact with.
However, we would advise you to use the reference solution as W F054 that is available from Krups. Descaling depends on the hardness of the water, but also on the frequency of use.
To descale, follow the following method:
• Unscrew the grid from the brewing head of the appliance and clean it See figure (21)below.
• Dissolve a packet of KRUPS descaling solution in 17 oz1510 ml of lukewarm water and pour the whole batch into the empty water container.
• Place a container under the brewing head. Run through about 1/3 of the liquid immediately, setting the selector to the position See figure (9)below.
• Stop the appliance, leaving the position See figure (9)below engaged and wait for 10 - 15 minutes to allow the descaler to take effect.
• Next, start the machine again and allow the rest of the liquid to run through.
• Then rinse with two water containers of fresh water and replace the grid on the head of the appliance (see section on “Cleaning the machine”).
The warranty does not include espresso machines that do not function, or do not function properly, because descaling has not been carried out.
on Feb 17, 2011
The message is put container under water steam and press hot water button but no water comes out and message appears again
That model had a likelihood of the electrovalve growing a green crystal inside the fitting where the teflon tube comes from the boiler. The electrovalve is a solenoid operated tap on the steam wand side accessed by removing the lid and the side cover. I used to take the electrovalve off completely to do the job. To get the teflon tube out you depress the silver collar around the tube towards the fitting and pull on the tube. It won't come out unless you depress the collar. You then unscrew that same fitting and clear the green crystal out with a probe or screwdriver and rinse or blow the fitting out. The fitting was sealed from new into the electrovalve with some sort of sealant product, I used to clean out the threads and use some thread tape, I never had a leak and did heaps of them over the years.
on Nov 07, 2019
How do I reset the brew counter on my Krups EA8250?
Found on the internet:
Try this, remove the tank, the drip tray, the bin on the side and the sliding thing above the bin. Hold down the on and steam buttons while plugging the machine into a live socket, it's either that or the same again but holding down the on button and the program button while plugging it in. You will get a screen that says something like " Remis a something vende" which is French for put it into sale state, you choose "Oui" for yes Hope this helps
on Oct 30, 2019
How to reset brew counter on Krups EA8250
I found this on the internet:
Try this, remove the tank, the drip tray, the bin on the side and the sliding thing above the bin. Hold down the on and steam buttons while plugging the machine into a live socket, it's either that or the same again but holding down the on button and the program button while plugging it in. You will get a screen that says something like " Remis a something vende" which is French for put it into sale state, you choose "Oui" for yes
on Oct 30, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?