20 Most Recent
- Page 9 Questions & Answers
Is Chewing Gum Bad for your Teeth?
Is Chewing Gum Bad for your Teeth?
Chewing Gum is a very popular habit. Some people use it as a way of eating less, some use it as a teeth cleaning method after meals and some just like it.
But the question often asked is whether chewing gum helps or harms your teeth.
Professionals and dieticans all weigh-in with their opinions about the effects of chewing gum.
Here are some of the arguments:
Some studies show that gum stimulates the production of saliva which naturally washes the teeth, neutralizing acid which is the cause of cavaties.
Most chewing gums contain a sweetner of some kind. These can cause damage to the teeth, especially if you chew them often.
Artificially sweeteened chewing gum definately has a less damaging effect on teeth.
If you chew gum that is sweetened with sugar, the negative effects are cancelled out if you keep the gum in your mouth for a longer period of time.
In conclusion, opinions are divided over the benefits and downsides of chewing gum. If you are a regular gum chewer, make sure you use sugar free products and check with your dentist about any potential damage.
on Nov 30, 2018 | Cooking
Can you freeze Rappie pie leftovers
Yes freezing works very well for pies. Just make sure you don't keep the pie warm for a long time before you decide to freeze it so that bacteria don't have time to develop. I'm not sure what a Rappie pie is, but I find that freezing works fine for me with any type of pie.
on Nov 15, 2018
What shouldn i makenfornbreakfast
French toast is nice. You need white bread, 2 eggs, 1 cup of milk, a little sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. wisk it all together, dip the bread about ten seconds a side and fry on medium heat with a little oil. Makes about 8 to 10 slices.
on Nov 13, 2018
I have lactose intolerance. Which dairy products can I consume?
When you're lactose intolerant, you may cringe at the thought of eating dairy products.
But there's really no need. In this day and age, there are plenty of nutrient-rich dairy products you can
enjoy, without suffering the all-too-familiar consequences. Those may be Yogurt, Aged cheeses, Low-fat dairy products in small amounts, Lactase-fortified dairy products, Dairy products eaten with a lactase pill, ..
To know how to treat it, see at:
Home Remedies for Lactose Intolerance Authority Remedies
on Nov 06, 2018
I'm trying to make egg rolls but I'm not sure what
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
recipe yields 8 servings
- Season pork with ginger and garlic powder and mix thoroughly. Heat mixture in a medium skillet, stirring, until pork is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside.
- In another large skillet heat oil to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or medium high heat. While oil is heating, combine flour and water in a bowl until they form a paste. In a separate bowl combine the cabbage, carrots and reserved pork mixture. Mix all together.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cabbage, carrot and pork mixture on egg roll paper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack. Put on serving plate and top with sesame seeds if desired.
on Oct 21, 2018
Can pickling spice be usedcin place of whole allspice
Yes you could substitute pickling spice. The flavor will be different than simply allspice. Pickling spice is a mixture of many spices, including Allspice. The mixture usually contains mustard seeds, whole coriander seeds, bay leaves and red pepper flakes. You may prefer the Pickling Spice mixture to just Allspice, but if the recipe is listing the other ingredients that are in the pickling spice leave them out if you sub Pickling spice
on Oct 20, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?