20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
DCP-J315W shows "Unable to Init 4F"
Turn off the printer and unplug it from the power. Then press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Now release the button, plug in the printer and turn it on and see if the error clears.
If it doesn't fix the issue, you probably have to replace the cartridges. They will cost about $65. Good luck!
on Mar 13, 2017
Genuine brother ink cartridge not detected by printer on DCP J315W printer
This is a common occurrence for these machines. They can get confused when cartridges are changed before they read as empty.
To correct this.
1) Unplug the printer from both the Power and Computer and remove all cartridges closing the cartridge access panel.
2) Plug the printer into the Power only and turn on. The machine will complain about no cartridges, this is fine.
3) Open Ink access panel and insert the first cartridge (Black is most common and close the panel.
4) The machine will complain about the missing cartridges. Open the panel and insert the second cartridge in the sequence and close the panel again.
5) Repeat the process for the third and fourth cartridge.
6) Once all cartridges have been installed the printer will ask if you have replaced the cartridges. Say no to the Black, Cyan and Yellow but yes to the Magenta and it will display the correct readings.
If this process fails to read the cartridge still then there is something wrong with the sensor inside the machine which probably means new machine.
on Jun 04, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?