Sharp R959(sl)M Turntable ,light,
Hi,the fuse is a Good place to start from..
The fuse inside a Sharp microwave is a very small and inexpensive part that is critical to the operation of the microwave. When the fuse goes bad, the operation of the entire microwave is halted. The fuse could blow from something as simple as slamming the microwave door shut. Because microwaves contain a transformer that can discharge lethal amounts of electricity even when unplugged, you should read all safety information in your owner's manual before you try to change the fuse.
Things You'll Need
Screwdriver New fuse
Unplug the microwave and move it to a table or other location where you can access both the front and the back.
Remove the back cover. Unscrew the screws and lift off the cover. If the screws are not Phillips head screws, you may need a Torx Security bit that you can buy at most hardware stores. Look for the fuse. It should be a small white or clear bar with metal caps on each end, located near where the electrical cord enters the microwave.
Replace the back cover and remove the control panel if you could not locate the fuse in the back of the microwave. To remove the control panel, unscrew and remove the exhaust vent or pull off the top bar of the microwave. Unscrew the single screw holding the control panel and gently pull it up and away from the microwave. Mark all connectors to the control panel (so you do not confuse them when you reassemble it) and gently pull off the connectors. Find the fuse.
Remove the fuse. For best results, purchase a new fuse that is the same as the old fuse.
Reassemble the microwave.
Tips & Warnings
Take the old fuse with you to the store to find a perfect match. Make sure your microwave is not under warranty before you try to fix it yourself. Be careful and take your time when working on your microwave. Haste and frustration will only lead to more broken parts.
Be very careful when working on a microwave. Always make sure it is unplugged before you begin any repairs, and steer clear of the transformer (it should have a warning sticker on it) because touching it could cause lethal damage
Good luck and keep me posted ..
on Sep 22, 2011