For the TI-Nspire and TI-Nspire CAS handheld units with TouchPad and
the TI-Nspire CX and TI-Nspire CX CAS:
• Hold down [doc] [enter] [EE].
• While holding these keys press [on].Please Note:
For TI-Nspire Family handheld units that
contain rechargeable batteries
you can alternatively hold the above
keys while pressing the [reset] button on the back of the handheld rather than
removing the battery for 2-5 seconds.
• The device will boot up as in the previous reset, but will display a menu
with the following options. Please try options 2, 3, and 4 in that order.
• 1: Cancel - The most non-intrusive reset option; no changes are made, the unit
• 2: Delete Operating System - The operating system will be deleted
without deleting any documents on the system.
• 3: Delete Document Folder
Contents - This will delete the user's documents, but will not delete the OS.
Selecting this option is the same as using the RESET hole on the back of the
• 4: Complete Format - This will delete the OS and all documents for a
total wipe of the handheld.
Please note that the second and fourth option will require that the OS will need to be reinstalled