20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Can the water level be raised?
1st thing to check, would be water level sensor, usually a pressure switch, one end will be connected to the outlet pipe the other to a approx 75mm dia unit towards the top with two wires on it. clear that pipe
on Mar 04, 2013
Whirlpool Cabrio Washer fills but will not do anything else
1. Remove the drain hose from the drain and try to drain the water from the washer. To do this plug the washer back in and attempt another drain cycle. If water does not come out of the drain hose then you now know that the plumbing is in good working order. 2. Place the drain hose back into the drain and remove the washers cabinet.
3. You will now be able to see the pump and it should have two hoses attached to it.
4. Disconnect the hose coming from the basket. If water comes out you will know that nothing is clogging the basket.
5. If both of these tests come out good you now know that the problem is the pump.
6. Make sure you write down all relevant information such as the washing machine model and serial number.
7. Head to your local hardware store and buy a pump (they typically run about $15.00).
8. Remove the old pump and install the new one (make sure the washing machine is turned off and unplugged).
9. Test it. Let it run through a cycle to make sure everything is installed and working properly.
10. If it is still broken call a repairman or ask a handy friend to check it out for you.
on Sep 21, 2012
How do you get a 5 yr. old Whirlpool hot water heater lit?
it is a WATER HEATER. you do not need to heat HOT water.
Gas or electric?
Electric = turn power on
Gas = instructions are on gas valve or in your manual.
does not light = verify a spark at burner when you push button (can be hard to see, turn off lights), verify gas valves are on and another appliance has gas, call for service.
on Sep 05, 2019
Replacing sensor on whirlpool water heater
Water heaters only have a top and bottom thermostats which seldom go bad. Heating elements wear out most often. If you are running out of hot water too quickly kill the power drain the tank and remove bottom heating element using a special large socket. Visual inspection should tell you if it is melted. If it is ok check the top heating element. If the heater was on and the tank not full the top element will go first. Elements never operate at the same time
on Mar 21, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?