U1 is displayed on the LCD as a "no tap" symbol. (time out on fill is after 175 seconds)
• Water turned off
• Insufficient water supply pressure
• Blocked water softener filter (if fitted)
• Spilt rinse aid causing over foam in tub
• Incorrect detergent being used
• Motor rotor
• The machine is siphoning
• Inlet valve has failed
Top tub : depress the right hand tub clip and push it back about 30mm. Repeat for the left hand side.
Bottom tub: remove the toe kick (refer section 9.4) and lower tub cowling (refer section 9.5), both optional.
1. If the cowling has not been removed, then the tub clips need to be pushed back about 130mm so the slide clears the cowling when the tub is lifted.
2. Lift the tub off the slides and push the runners back into the product.
3. Releasing the wire from the centre clip on the link assembly allows the tub to be moved further from the chassis (optional).
4. If the tub is being turned over for servicing, rotate it counter clockwise, remembering to remove the baskets first. Removing the handle will prevent it from being damaged.
5. Refit in reverse manner.
One that is most common is due to water not filling in time before the wash cycle commences. This can be due to water pressure setting not being consistent with the mains water pressure. Check this by confirming if you are in low water pressure or normal pressure area. The dishwasher should be set at LP or HP accordingly. Refer to the manual for the procedure.
It is more likely the lid seal motors are stuck. Need to turn mains power off and then pull the drawer out. If there is no difference when you turn mains power back on, then the technician work is involved to free up or replace the parts.
It is likely the sound is coming from the rinse aid dispenser solenoid. (I am assuming you do not have a water softener unit on your dishwasher). Try to run the drawer on a Rinse cycle and see if the noise is still coming.
Is the problem with both the drawers or just one. When you say - will not turn on - does it mean you get a blank display? assuming mains power is turned on (no problem with circuit breaker), then it is likely the power board at the base of dishwasher (under the bottom drawer) is faulty and needs replacement. Make sure mains power cable is taken out when you work on the dishwasher.