20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Lexmark E238 all lights flashing
Turn off the Printer and Unplug it from the Power Supply.
Remove the Cartridges from the Printer!!!!!
On the Backside of the Cartridge you would see a Copper Stripe, Wipe the Copper Stripe using a Paper Towel!
Reinsert the Cartridges and Restart the Printer.
on Sep 17, 2011
I just replaced my ink
- Enter the printer's Configuration Menu. To do this:
- Turn off the printer.
- Open the front cover
- Press and hold the Continue () button.
- With the front cover open and the Continue button pressed down, power on the printer.
- Hold the Continue button until all the lights cycle.
- When just the Error light (!) is
displayed, close the front cover. The top four lights of the operator
panel should come on, indicating that the printer is in configuration
Print the Configuration Settings page. To do this:
- Press and hold the Continue () button until all of the lights flash. This page lists the functions within the Configuration Menu.
The functions are the non·indented items listed along the left edge of
the page (along the bottom as printed from printer). They are also
Save this page for possible later use.
- Reset the photoconductor page count as follows:
- Press and release the Cancel button () to move sequentially from one menu item to another. NOTE: If you get lost, you can press and hold the Cancel button to jump to home state (top four lights on).
- Press and release the Cancel button until the Toner Low () light is the only light left on.
- Press and hold the Continue button until all of the lights flash.
- Then release the button. When the Toner Low light is once again the only light left on, the photoconductor page count should be reset to zero.
Return the printer to normal mode. To do this:
- Power it off for five seconds and then turn it back on.
Print a menu settings page. To do this:
- When the Ready () light is on, press the Continue button once. The Ready light will begin flashing and one or two pages will print out.
- Check the photoconductor reading on the menu settings page. To do this:
- Look for a section labeled Cartridge Information and locate the word Photoconductor under that heading.
- Confirm that the photoconductor level reading is OK or close to 100%.
- If the photoconductor reading is low, try printing 10 - 20 pages.
- Print the menu settings page(s) again. Confirm that the photoconductor level reading is OK or close to 100%.
- If the photoconductor reading is still low, refer to the Configuration Settings page you printed in Step 2.
- Confirm that Reset Photoconductor Counter is listed on the page.
Also confirm that the light sequence for the photoconductor counter is the Toner Low light.
- If the light sequence is correct, try repeating this
entire procedure again from the beginning to reset the counter once
- If a different light sequence is listed for the
photoconductor counter, repeat the procedure but this time, instead of
stopping at the Toner Low light (Step 3.2), press the Cancel button until the operator panel shows the light sequence that corresponds to the one listed on the Configuration Settings page. Continue with the remainder of the procedure as before to reset the counter again.
- If the photoconductor reading is still low after
the page reset procedure has been performed twice, the printer may
on May 04, 2011
Lexmark E238 Laser Printer
Here are the steps to reset the page count on a Lexmark E234, as described here
- Power the printer on and get it to the Ready state.
- With the printer on and in the Ready state, open the front cover.
- Press and hold the Cancel button until all of the lights begin flashing up and down.
- Release the Cancel button and close the door. The photoconductor count should now be reset.
Hope that helps!
on Jan 17, 2011
I need to reset my
if it is a single file that will not print it is most likely the file, not the printer.
some websites require postscript support to print properly
try saving the webpage and then printing.
on Jan 04, 2011
Mother board drivers
Go & download then install driver robot :
When it's done open the application & click on the "EXPORTER" from
the list on the left hand side.
Select were to save i.e Desktop or My Documents, Driver Robot will then
run a scan & save the results to the file you specified it to save
to i.e Desktop or My Documents.
Then go to the saved file which looks like a web document & double
click on it,then you should see a page with "Get Drivers" on it. Press
the "» Get Drivers" link in this page to proceed to the drivers list
You now have access to the hardware scan results and all available
driver updates for your machine.
on Jul 05, 2010
It prints to light
Try replacing your cartridge. You could have a faulty cartridge. You may be due to replace your photoconductor unit which needs replacing every 30,000 page counts.
on Jun 04, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?