Jams in the Document Tray
When a document jams or misfeeds in the Document Tray, <OPEN COVER> and <SEE FIG. 1> <!!CHECK!! 5100> are displayed on the LCD.Note
You do not need to unplug the fax when clearing document jams.* When <OPEN COVER> and <SEE FIG. 1> are displayed alternatively
1. Press [Stop].Important
Do not pull out the jammed paper manually at this point.
2. Hold down [Start/Copy] for a few seconds.
* The document will be fed out automatically.
* If the document is not fed out, gently pull the document out of the fax.* When <!!CHECK!! 5100> is displayed
1. Check if any paper is jammed.
If jammed, make sure to take out all the jammed paper.
2. After taking out jammed paper, turn the fax off, then turn it back on with [ON/OFF].Jams in the Multi-Purpose Tray
If paper jams in the Multi-Purpose Tray, <CLEAR PAPER JAM> is displayed on the LCD.
1. Gently pull any jammed paper out of the fax as shown, then press [Stop].
* Pull it gently in either direction.
* If you cannot pull the paper out, continue with the steps below.
2. Open the Printer Cover.
3. Gently remove the jammed paper inside the fax.
4. Press [Stop].
The fax returns to standby mode.