How do i scann something and send it as a email?
If you have a Windows operating system on your computer (XP Vista, etc.,) place the document you want to scan on your scanner and turn your scanner on.
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint
1) When the Paint program opens, (on the toolbar at the top of the program) click on, 'File' then scroll down and click on, 'From Scanner or Camera'.
2) Click on the icon for your scanner, then click, 'OK'.
3) Click, 'Scan'.
4) The document will be scanned and imported into the paint program automatically.
5) Then, (again) click on, 'File' (in the toolbar) and select, 'Save As' > (name your document) > select a file on your computer to save the document in (for example: Pictures).
6) Log into your email account.
7) Click, N
'New' or 'Compose' (whichever applies) and compose (type) your email.
8) Then locate the word or option that reads, 'Attachment' (which will usually have a small icon of a paperclip by the side of it) and click on the word 'Attachment'.
(a window will open)
9) Find the button in the window that reads: 'Browse'. Click on the 'Browse' button and locate the file where your scanned document was saved > and click on it. (this should attach the file to your email.)
For large documents and files, if your email provider doesn't allow large documents or files, you can email them with yahoo. After composing your email, look to (your) bottom left of the page you are going to email and click on, 'Attach Large Files'
- you'll have to click, 'Accept the first time' then attach your file and click, 'Send'. That's all there is to it.
on Feb 06, 2010